June 2013 Moms
Options

Despise the carseat!

Does anyone else's lo scream and cry in the carseat? My LO absolutely hates it and its so hard to go anywhere hearing him scream his little head off it breaks my heart but I know not ever using it will just make it worse. To be honest I kind of hate the carseat too! I have the snugride 30 and it just seems so tiny and the buckles are hard as hell to undo. There is no way my LO will fit in it until 30lbs!

Re: Despise the carseat!

• Options
    Mine seems to not care much for it either. Sometimes he does fine, but when he cries in it, it's hysterical, full sweat, real tear crying. I hate it!!

• Options
    I know it is so terrible because you can't console them, I don't have to drive anywhere either which seems to make it worse because he is not used to it at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LB1020LB1020 member
    Some days are better than others. If he is already cranky he will scream for about 15 mins then I think he gives up. I think he gets too hot in there.

• Options
    jefkjefk member
    Evie fights the carseat until we actually get in the car and start moving... Then its sweet dreams!
  • Options
    nnjjnnjj member
    I downloaded a white noise app on my phone and put it right by carseat he loves it usually puts Him right to sleep.
  • Options
    jefk said:

Evie fights the carseat until we actually get in the car and start moving... Then its sweet dreams!

Same here. As long as we're moving, she's fine. If the car or stroller stop, she gets mad.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    My 6 week old LOVES her carseat! She sleeps like a champ in it..so much that I sometimes want to use it inside the house as well :):) I have the Chicco KeyFit 30
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    Mine hates it only if she has a gas bubble or is too hot. Otherwise generally knocks her out!
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    My LO is the exact opposite--he falls asleep in the carseat. In fact, if he is a little fussy when he first gets in the car, after a minute of driving, it calms him right down.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, both of mine are/were carseat haters. They eventually get over it though, but meanwhile I know it sucks, especially if you're on the go a lot like we are!
  • Options
    CindyRelluhCindyRelluh member
    edited July 2013
    CTGirl30 said:

Yes, he hates it. Most of the time we are ok as long as car / stroller are moving. Sometimes even that isn't enough & he screams.

I have no choice but he's in there at least once a day (when we go to pick up DD from daycare). That's always a lovely ride there & home if he wakes up en route...I feel really bad for DD having to sit next to him & listen to it, too.

Seriously I feel like we live the same lives. @CTGirl30
  • Options
    That's what I expected my mom used to drive us around at night to get us to sleep my LO hates it I'm temped to buy another carseat he jut seems so squished but he's only 11 pounds
  • Options
    This has been so hit or miss for us. At first he LOVED the carseat and it knocked him out. Now, he's so much more alert and he likes it for the most part but stays awake. I put him in my moms car and he had a fit, was beet red screaming. That was a first. He's pretty calm in my car though. Just sweaty afterward..
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jefk said:

Same here. And it's funny, at stop lights she opens her eyes and fusses a little until we start moving again.

• Options
    nnjj said:

I downloaded a white noise app on my phone and put it right by carseat he loves it usually puts Him right to sleep.

I do this too! Works like a charm!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"