Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

WWYD: LO weird fall

Last night LO fell out of his little toddler sized recliner chair...because despite being told not to he stood up on it.  The fall didn't seem bad, but then he was hesitant to put pressure on his right foot. We put pressure along his leg with no reaction, we had him wiggle his toes, and felt each toe, rotated his foot, and flexed it and put pressure on the bottom of his foot at various places with no pain, just smiles...but this morning he's still gingerly walking on it. DH asked DCP to let him know if that continues so that we can take him to the doctor. I am just nervous about what could have happened.  There isn't any swelling or bruising.

I'm nervous I should have just taken him to UC last night, or stayed home with him to take him to the doctor today.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary

Re: WWYD: LO weird fall

• fryratfryrat member
    I would have done the same as you. It sounds like something is strained, like a muscle. The joints and tendons of a child are more flexible than that of an adult until about 4 yrs old. Have you ever seen a 1 year old with a sprained ankle from learning to walk?

That's just me and my common sense approach. Hope it helps!
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"