High-Risk Pregnancy

~Wednesday bed rest check in~

Happy hump day! How was your day night? Any news, updates, etc? QOTD: What's your favorite dessert?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: ~Wednesday bed rest check in~

• I couldn't go to sleep until around 3am,but then slept til 9 with bathroom breaks. No news is good news over here. Although, I am freaked out about how low Baby A is. Her head is right there! Like the midwife can feel her skull when she did the cervical exam. QOTD: I love vanilla hagen das. I love chocolate anything! ;-) oh, and and cake!
  • Glad you ladies had a good night

Wallace 30wks yippie

Aside from hitting my 24wk milestone today :) I slept somewhat ok.. My pattern is slowing getting better. I usually fall asleep at 10pm and wife awake at 4am till 11am (almost 11am so should be taking a nap soon lol)

Tomorrow I have my appt with my dr going to bring up my anxiety issues and mention if she can admit me in the hospital Till 28wks. My body is so weird I never know what's real contractions and what's Braxton hicks. Either way its affect my cervix so I would hope she agrees to have me monitored at the hospital. The DH isn't excited about it but I would do anything to keep LO in longer. Friday I have my cervix cked. Not excited about that last week it was 2.2cm hoping it hasn't changed.

Qotd: really love chocolate/ice cream with peanuts or almonds. I have my moments when I would also want now or laters watermelon or cherry flavor.. Yummy...
  • Loading the player...
  • 25w 1d Sort of a rough night. I got off magnesium at 4:30 last night and back on Procardia. I had no big contractions for a while so they let me take a quick 5 min shower and get ready for bed. After I got back in bed, I started having contractions again. They gave me Procardia which seemed to help a bit. They also gave me Ambien so I was knocked out. I woke up at 6:30 to a contraction. My dr came and saw me and said it was the Procardia wearing off. I started having contractions every 4 or 6 minutes. Nothing regular but my back was starting to hurt with them and that had not happened in the past. They put a lot of fluids in my IV to see if that would help. I seem to be stabilizing. Contractions are still more intense but have lengthened out to every 6 to 8 minutes. If this next round of Procardia doesn't flatten them out, I may have to go back on magnesium this afternoon. Really praying dverything settles down so I can concentrate on our next goal of 28 weeks.

QOTD: I haven't been into sweets during pregancy. I guess the kiddos don't like them. Regularly, I love coffee ice cream. It tastes the way it smells to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wallace, Kneeha- EXCELLENT!!  Milestones are the best, but everyday is a gift!
    jnetx- hope you can go home and relax there soon
    10-4- mag is the devil i swear.  I hope things improve and you and the LOs get some relief and rest soon.

My night was good.  Slept a solid 5.5 hours!  
    No new changes/problems to report.  Staying steady.  What is it, slow and steady wins the race?  Lets hope.

QOTD:  anything that you can cover in frosting.  cake, ice cream, cookies....chips...idc as long as there is frosting on it.  :-)
  • Had a good night and my son slept in a little this morning. Had my OB appointment this morning. My BP was a little higher than normal so she ordered a 24 hr urine collection and adjusted my meds. We tentatively scheduled a RCS for 39 weeks but she is pretty confident that I won't get that far. I have to go once a week for a BP check, u/s to check the SCH, and NST. They will evaluate admitting me at each appointment. I'm still hopeful that I'll get to 37 weeks. I was pretty bummed out that VBAC is pretty much off the table at this point.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations on the milestones!

Throw3ks, I say the same about mag! Devil drug, haha!

10-4, praying things slow down!
  • Lbear8Lbear8 member
    I learned yesterday that I can't ignore my dizzy spells!  For those who don't know, I have bad dizzy spells that kick my butt.  Well yesterday I was sitting with my daughter working on a craft and felt a dizzy spell coming on.  I decided to just ignore it until I finished what I was doing (usually I immediately lay down all the way, and put a cold wash cloth on my face).  Less than 2 minutes later, I started dry heaving, ran to the bathroom not sure if I was going to throw up.  I ended up falling on the floor in the bathroom, DH had to come pick me up and bring me to the couch and I spent the next 45 minutes coughing and dry heaving and dizzy as could be.  Of course I got a lecture from DH, but I have learned my lesson to not ignore the dizzy spells as it was much worse after ignoring it.

Stacey: That's scary they can feel LO's head!!
    Wallace: Yeah for good meeting (overall) and 30 weeks!! 
    LilBuddy: Yeah for no more Magnesium, I hope the Procardia works so you don't have to go back on it!

QOTD: I love all desserts except chocolate :) I love apple pie and Coldstone Cookie Don't you want some ice cream.
  • Didn't fall asleep til about 2 am then the normal up and down bathroom trips. But I slept in. Had some strong contractions last night but they've eased off today. I have an ob appt friday but they never really do much not nearly as informative as mfm appts. But glad I get to go maybe ill get an ultrasound and see the girls :-)
    Qotd: I love all sweets except candy. I was very shocked I passed the gd test. My favorite thing during this pregnancy has been chocolate milk and the most delicious home made sugar cookies with icing on them from my baby shower. Yum I think ill go fix me another glass of chocolate milk :-)
  • Inn2Inn2 member
    @Wallace Congratulations on 30 weeks and finding a pediatrician- We still need to find one of those!

@kneenah1231 Congratulations on 24 weeks!!

Dr. Appt. this afternoon for weekly checkup, so I'll post more later. Slept ok, but oh these crazy dreams! I was a mobster's wife last night shopping for a new head for someone that accidentally had theirs cut off! And that was only the start to the craziness!!

A better question would be what dessert DON'T I like! Maybe Coca-cola cake is my favorite....but then there is ice cream....yeah too many to decide!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My night was pretty good. They moved the trap in my hand today, so now I'll have a day of soreness in that hand. I also had a small amount of blood in my pad when I went to shower, but there wasn't anymore coming out, so hopefully it stays that way. I am 31 weeks now, although my ticker says 30 because when I made it I used the due date( Oct 6th) that Fertility Friend gave me, not what the doctor uses (Oct 1st). My goal is 34, I should say 32, but I feel like that is close enough that I can say 34 (I hope).
    QOTD: Anything chocolate, and with peanut butter is my absolute favorite, but I have a pretty big sweet tooth, so I eat a large variety of desserts. Well I did, they told me I have GD, which I don't think I really do because my numbers are low, but still trying to watch what I eat a lot closer.
    Stacey: sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. That is scary that they can feel baby's head already!
    Wallace: yay for 30 weeks, and a good appt with the pediatrician!
    Jnetx: I hope you get some good news about going home today!
    Kneeah: Yay for V-day! I hope your doc listens to your concerns!
    10-4: sorry you had a rough night, I hope the contractions stop soon!
    Throw: Yay for getting good sleep!
    Dlphndoc: I hope your BP gets under control. I know how you feel about not being able to VBAC, I really wanted to as well, but it's not an option for me either.
    Lbear: I'm sorry you are having dizzy spells, that sounds horrible. Do they happen often?
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Lbear8Lbear8 member
    Angel: I have them about 4 or 5 times a day and they usually last about 30min to 1hr :( I'm not allowed to drive as a result (granted with MBR, it's not like I would be driving anyway except to doctors appts)
  • Lbear: wow that's awful. Did they give you a reason for them?
  • 25w 1d Sort of a rough night. I got off magnesium at 4:30 last night and back on Procardia. I had no big contractions for a while so they let me take a quick 5 min shower and get ready for bed. After I got back in bed, I started having contractions again. They gave me Procardia which seemed to help a bit. They also gave me Ambien so I was knocked out. I woke up at 6:30 to a contraction. My dr came and saw me and said it was the Procardia wearing off. I started having contractions every 4 or 6 minutes. Nothing regular but my back was starting to hurt with them and that had not happened in the past. They put a lot of fluids in my IV to see if that would help. I seem to be stabilizing. Contractions are still more intense but have lengthened out to every 6 to 8 minutes. If this next round of Procardia doesn't flatten them out, I may have to go back on magnesium this afternoon. Really praying dverything settles down so I can concentrate on our next goal of 28 weeks. QOTD: I haven't been into sweets during pregancy. I guess the kiddos don't like them. Regularly, I love coffee ice cream. It tastes the way it smells to me.
    That is a rough night/day!  I hope things calm down so you don't have to do more mag.

• I slept well once I finally fell asleep around 3.  I guess I probably shouldn't have taken that 2 hour nap after dinner. woops. No news is good news here, too!  I have an OB appt in the morning. My BP has been running a bit high, but not crazy high, so I'm wondering what she will say. 

QOTD: cheesecake, plain.  But right now I cant get enough ice.  little ice, like they have in L&D.  I broke bedrest (shhh) and hit sonic for a 5lb bag of tiny ice this morning....

• Good news. Things have calmed down. They were concerned about the frequency of the contractions so they did a cervix internal measurement (usually only do once a week). Cervix actually grew from 1.5 last Friday to 2.0 today! Very relieved. Hoping for uneventful weeks and months to come.
  • edited August 2013
    @10-4LilBuddy: That's great news, and I'm glad things have calmed down!
  • oh that is great news @10-4Lilbuddy!

• 10-4 that's great news!
  • Inn2Inn2 member
    Just a post-n-dash to say it was a good appt. Everything is remaining stable, so couldn't ask for more! Night, everyone!
  • Yeah Lil Buddy and Inn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"