Secondary IF

Intro

edited July 2013 in Secondary IF
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me since I haven't been dx with secondary infertility but I'm not sure where else to go- the miscarriage board doesn't seem like the right place for me. I have one beautiful daughter who is almost 2. We had no problems getting pregnant with her, and my pregnancy and her birth were pretty textbook. When my husband got home from deployment we starting trying again. We never expected any complications but now, a year later, we have gone through three consecutive losses. I'm currently going through the third one now. I went in for an ultrasound a week and a half ago and I was supposed to be 8 weeks, but they couldn't find anything in my uterus or surrounding it. My betas were drawn and they went from 14,080 to 14,285. I got my third betas drawn yesterday and I have a follow up ultrasound tomorrow, so we will see what s going on then I guess. I can't help but be hopeful even though my logic is telling me that there is no hope. We have had some testing done, both my husband and I, and we are waiting for results. People keep telling me to be happy we have our daughter and I want to punch them in the face. I am happy for her but she would be an amazing big sister and my heart breaks that I can't seem to give that to her. I'm sorry for all of your losses and I hope to be a part of this board. Ps- I'm sorry that its all one paragraph....I'm on mobile.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP February 2011; DD born October 15, 2011
CP: December 2012
Miscarriage: February 2013
Blighted Ovum: July 2013

Re: Intro

• Punches all around for people who say "be grateful you have one!" I'm so sorry for your loss(es). That has to be so frustrating and heartbreaking to go through that multiple times. 

It breaks my heart too that DS was so easy to conceive, and as much as i think he would make a wonderful big brother, I can't give him that joy. Prayers and fingers and toes and eyes and everything crossed that it works out for you! 

• I'm so sorry!!! I just commented on someone else's post about kidney punches- because the face sometimes doesn't seem harsh enough!
    Question, had you had previous u/s where you saw baby yet? I only ask because I am wondering if possible ectopic? (I had ectopic before, numbers rose slowly, never could find where implanted). Anyway, praying for good news and keep us updated. I'm new here too, and on mobile but everyone has been super nice about my long paragraphs :)
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry!!! I just commented on someone else's post about kidney punches- because the face sometimes doesn't seem harsh enough! Question, had you had previous u/s where you saw baby yet? I only ask because I am wondering if possible ectopic? (I had ectopic before, numbers rose slowly, never could find where implanted). Anyway, praying for good news and keep us updated. I'm new here too, and on mobile but everyone has been super nice about my long paragraphs :)

No, they couldn't see anything in my uterus and they couldn't find anything in the surrounding areas. I asked my np about ectopic and she said she wasn't too worried about that since I've had no other symptoms...but I'm not taking her word for it. That's really what I've been thinking it is since the numbers went up only a little bit in four days. If you don't mind me asking, what did they do for you since they couldn't find where it was? I know there is a medication they give but I can't remember the name of it...mexo-something? Did they give you a better prognosis for future pregnancies since it was ectopic or is it all just grim news?
  • Methotrexate shots. Two rounds of two for me. We never found, and it was like six or seven weeks, numbers kept slowly creeping up but nothing in uterine. After first set of shots started getting pains on right side and we think lo was in right tube and just a slow grower. It was truly devastating, but we know wouldn't if survived and been super bad news for me too. They told me it was great news I got pregnant in first try. Yeah, great news. They see it differently. Gave me positive prognosis, it was only one ectopic. They said if I had another it could be problematic, but no tube and the fact the Embie implanted was all good for future attempts. Hope that helps!

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Methotrexate shots. Two rounds of two for me. We never found, and it was like six or seven weeks, numbers kept slowly creeping up but nothing in uterine. After first set of shots started getting pains on right side and we think lo was in right tube and just a slow grower. It was truly devastating, but we know wouldn't if survived and been super bad news for me too. They told me it was great news I got pregnant in first try. Yeah, great news. They see it differently. Gave me positive prognosis, it was only one ectopic. They said if I had another it could be problematic, but no tube and the fact the Embie implanted was all good for future attempts. Hope that helps!

Thanks, that helps. I'm going to push for her to take a second look around tomorrow and see what she says. I just want to be able to move on...perhaps have a glass or seven of wine once I know I'm really not pregnant anymore.
  • Yeah, the only plus (if you try really hard to see it as one) idles IF it is ectopic and you IF you have to do shots, they encourage you to stop frolic acid and anything folate rich, so doctor told me it was my chance to eat badly and was only time he'd encourage fast food. And yep, couple bottles of wine later, some friend chicken... Yep. Praying you get better news and some peace if mind!!!

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Not idles... Was*

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hahaha, folic* not frolic. DYAC!!!

FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• This board is probably a great place for you.  The women here are wonderful.  Hope they figure out what is going on soon.  Thoughts and prayers for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, the only plus (if you try really hard to see it as one) idles IF it is ectopic and you IF you have to do shots, they encourage you to stop frolic acid and anything folate rich, so doctor told me it was my chance to eat badly and was only time he'd encourage fast food. And yep, couple bottles of wine later, some friend chicken... Yep. Praying you get better news and some peace if mind!!!
    I was able to decipher! Haha thanks. That is one plus!
  • This board is probably a great place for you.  The women here are wonderful.  Hope they figure out what is going on soon.  Thoughts and prayers for you.
    Thanks. I hope to get some answers tomorrow too, but that seems so far away. T&Ps for you too.
  • Hi there... Welcome and sorry you have to be here.  I wanted to comment on the ectopic aspect.  I had an ectopic this year, and I had ZERO signs of an ectopic. No pain, No bleeding, Rising betas.  BUT they couldn't find anything in my uterus.  They actually didn't find anything until I was rushed for emergency surgery for removal and the super duper ultrasound found it in my right tube.  So it is possible to not have any symptoms.

I do hope you get good news.  And I am so so so sorry for your losses.  We are here for you, and I do hope your stay here is short. 

• Hi there... Welcome and sorry you have to be here.  I wanted to comment on the ectopic aspect.  I had an ectopic this year, and I had ZERO signs of an ectopic. No pain, No bleeding, Rising betas.  BUT they couldn't find anything in my uterus.  They actually didn't find anything until I was rushed for emergency surgery for removal and the super duper ultrasound found it in my right tube.  So it is possible to not have any symptoms.

I do hope you get good news.  And I am so so so sorry for your losses.  We are here for you, and I do hope your stay here is short. 

Thanks. It's actually kind of comforting to hear your story is somewhat similar to mine. I've been so confused and I feel like I've googled every possible scenario because nothing seemed to make sense. And it will help to give me an edge with the np tomorrow to know that what is happening to me is possible- she didn't seem convinced since it wasn't textbook. I don't want to get to the point that it becomes an emergency situation. Thanks again.
  • Well... to be honest,  I turned it into an emergency situation, because they wanted to give me the mexo (whachamacallit) shot, but they couldn't tell me 100% it was ectopic and that it wasn't just early.  They sent me for a 2nd opinion and the 2nd opinion couldn't tell either.  Once they could tell me 100% sure it was ectopic, they felt they needed to get in there surgically in case it ruptured.  Even up to the point of surgery I had no symptoms.  I think they were confused that I wasn't having any pain.   The best advice I can give you from my experience is listen to your body.  I didn't feel comfortable being given that shot, so I refused.  
    Let me know if you have any more questions and keep us updated! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"