Parenting
Options

Attention Campers: Do you have a good checklist of things needed for camping?

I've never done this before and am looking for a checklist, thanks!!!!
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: Attention Campers: Do you have a good checklist of things needed for camping?

• Options
    Bug spray, sunscreen, a water container, booze, tin foil for cooking meals, towels/washcloths, wipes, and a lot more that I'm blanking on. We have a pop up, so a lot of that is just kept packed.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    trash bags
    sharp knife
    dish soap
    sponge
    matches
    fire starter stuff in case it has been wet and you can't find kindling (we bring some paper recycling)
    bucket for water
    lantern or candles
    tarps, bungees and rope
    chairs
    old crappy towels to wipe your feet off before getting into the tent, or in case it rains
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have one handy to share with you, but when I'm making a list I think in terms of areas or activities. Like sleeping: Tent, mattress, sleeping bag. Cooking/eating: stove, gas, lighter, pots, pans, utensils, dish basin, soap, etc.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We're headed this weekend- I'm working on my list, too! In addition to PP:

lots of towels (for beach or showers- last time we noticed they don't dry well in the humidity);

an old rug for aforementioned muddy feet going into tent;

extension cords if you have electricity, and DVD player (we unabashedly let our DS watch movies in the tent at night) and a fan for inside the tent;

first aid kit,

an AXE- pounds in tent stakes and also used to chop up fire wood for kindling;

make fire starters out of empty toilet paper rolls filled with dryer lint;

fire wood- you usually have to purchase at the camp site; bikes for kids (our camp site has lots of dirt roads the kids bike on);

either disposable plates or other plastic/metal camping plates and silverware;

Tablecloth for picnic table;

lots of frozen ice packs- or you can freeze your meat and use that as icepacks;

pie irons for making food;

marshmallow and hotdog roasting sticks (on clearance at Target now!);

pillows/sleeping bags/sheets- in case it's too hot for sleeping bags;

tarp to put under the tent;

we like to bring insulated coffee mugs to keep our beer/wine chilled, and so we look slightly klassier as we are sitting watching DS at the playground.

• Options
    Campground with cabins that have running water and air conditioning. Then pack as normal for an active vacation plus bug spray and e-tablets/smartphones.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    Camping toilet. Best decision ever!
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"