Breastfeeding
Options

Domperidone?

Anyone used this? I have VERY mixed feelings and know that ultimately, my DH and I need to either be comfortable with it or not, but I thought I'd see what people's experiences were. Thanks!
Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Domperidone?

• Options
    I've used it for a month now and my supply is great! I have no worries that my LO is getting plenty of milk. I no longer use Fenugreek and Mothers Milk tea.
  • Options

I tried absolutely everything and was unable to bring my supply back up with the help of fenugreek + blessed thistle, brewer's yeast, mother's milk tea & motherlove special milk blend.

I've been using domperidone for about a month and a half and have seen an increase by 2 oz./per pump session. It's still just enough to send for daycare, but I'm happy with it. I actually ran out and didn't get my next order for 10 days, so I think that maybe my supply could be even greater. I also noticed that when I did run out, my supply was back to not producing enough at all.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used it for about 10 months with my DD. I had no side effects, and we went from pumping 5ish oz a day to me having a freezer full of milk! It really works. My LC recommended I go on domperidone instead of Reglan because of the scary side effects of Reglan (depression is the biggest one). My current OB discussed Reglan with me in passing and was going on about her needing to constantly monitor me, etc...because of the side effects. Domperidone is an OTC drug in Canada, and that was an important thing for me safety-wise. Good luck with your decision!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been using it for about 3 months. I have no side effects, and it's the only way I can pump enough to keep up with LO. I see a GI doctor for other issues, and he says it's a great medication and was very glad I'm taking it. He says he recommends it for patients often.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    My MFM agreed to write a month's prescription (not long enough, but I'll take what I can get), but I can't get it in MA. Any ideas?? My sister lives in Canada.... Can she just walk into a pharmacy and get it w/o a prescription?
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

TTC since Oct 2011

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL

• Options
    Thanks all. We ordered some and are hoping it helps!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

TTC since Oct 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"