TTC After a Loss

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

2»

Re: »»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

• E&B0811 said:

jgreig83 said:

Thanks... our anniversary is on the 11th...would be a nice every anniversary trip. 

Our anniversary is the 11th too! :)

Ours too!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• E&B0811 said:
    Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in. My EDD was 1/29/13. DH and I were so excited when we got the BFP. We had TTA for years so I could finish law school and we could both get our careers in order. We saw a hb at 7w2d and then at 10w, no hb and no growth since about 8w. I could have never imagined and was totally unprepared for how sad and painful the experience would be. Now, I am 4 weeks and 1 day out from learning the sad news, 4 weeks out from trying miso and 3 weeks 4 days since my d and c. I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again. My super fantastic ob is hopeful that we will get our rainbow baby very soon. We've decided that whatever she says is fact as she's been right about everything in this horrid process so far, so FX that she's right about this too. GTKY: I love my shoes, but I totally play favorites. There are some, like my black Louboutins or my 6 inch snakeskin gladiators, that make me feel amazing!
    Yay for AF showing up!!  We get to start again, too, once she makes her visit.  FX this next cycle is the one for you guys!  
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone! KMW, thanks so much for starting this check in. My basic intro is in my siggy, but basically I got pregnant last November on my first IVF cycle after 1.5y of TTC in a same-sex marriage (EDD 7/25/13). It was a blighted ovum discovered at my first u/s at 7w5d and I had a D&C in December. My RE requires a 2 cycle break, which took a while, and I had to cancel my first frozen embryo transfer cycle in March due to respond to meds, so we did our first frozen transfer in April and got another BFP (EDD 1/15/14). We saw a hb at 6w5d but at my second ultrasound at 9w5d, there was no hb and the baby had stopped growing 2w earlier. I had a D&C in June. We have 4 more frozen embryos so we will likely be transferring another one (or maybe two) in September or October. Right now I am 5w+ from D&C with no period and no indication of ovulation (I've been temping). Last time it took 8w to get a period, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, although I'd love to get going earlier! I had my RE run karyotyping and will find out the results on Friday when we meet with her to discuss next steps. I may also ask for a full RPL panel. I am 35 and just hit my 2y TTC anniversary this month. That plus a recent loss plus my EDD plus having to put my cat down, all within a month of each other has been kind of rough, and I'm glad to see the end of July! QOTD: I like pretty shoes, but I wouldn't say I'm a shoe girl. I've realized in my 30s that I'm just not willing to put up with too much discomfort, so I only really wear pretty shoes for special occasions (like weddings). Most of the time I wear flip flops, sneakers, Dansko clogs, or nice flats to work.
    (((Hugs))) so sorry for your losses.  Here's to the end of July, indeed! 
  • TiaremTiarem member

Hi Everyone. I lost my twins at 10 weeks and my due date was 1/14/14. I just got my period and we are going to try this month. My doctor said we have the green light and I think we are ready. It's been one of the toughest things I've ever gone through, but I know how badly I want to be a mom, so we are going to give it a go!

As for shoes I love looking at Manolo Blanhiks, but more than likely would buy Nine West and would give anything if Uggs were accepted in the corporate world. :)

• KMW08 said:
    I tried for a month to miscarry on my own, and finally ended up with the D&C on June 19th.  Today I'm 6 weeks post-D&C....Come on, AF, I actually WANT you to visit me, please and thank you!
    Congrats on 5yrs of marriage! We celebrated our 5th in June, hard to believe its been 5 already!! I also am exactly 6wks out from a d&c. Strange that we had it on the same day :) yesterday I thought af was gonna show (spotting) but so far no sign today. My last d&c it took af 50days to return. We are at what, cd42 today. So FX for af to return soon for you!
    My husband and I also celebrated 5 years in June. Yay to half a decade! ;)

Having an identity crisis due to the new Bump 

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and DX with endo. 6/16

Blogging to stay sane

• KMW08KMW08 member
    edited August 2013

. added links to OP.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• I love the second one, and vote for a change...new group now and all!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Cool!  I really like the colors in the second one :).
  • Poppy715Poppy715 member
    edited July 2013
    KMW08 said:

I have nothing against the original badge, but it's not my favorite. So I thought we deserved some options. These are what I have created so far.

https://i40.tinypic.com/156pzew.jpg

https://i43.tinypic.com/2nt8c3a.jpg

From the computer it won't let me edit my OP. I'll add these when I go back to mobile in a bit.

Those are so much prettier!! I feel weird though I don't know if I should have an April badge or January. My loss date is Jan. so that's when I delivered A but not when I was supposed to. It's weird.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• KMW08 said:

I have nothing against the original badge, but it's not my favorite. So I thought we deserved some options. These are what I have created so far.

From the computer it won't let me edit my OP. I'll add these when I go back to mobile in a bit.

Cute! I'm in the minority but I like the first one.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Poppy715 said:
    KMW08 said:

Those are so much prettier!! I feel weird though I don't know if I should have an April badge or January. My loss date is Jan. so that's when I delivered A but not when I was supposed to. It's weird.
    I'd just have both!! Go for it.

• edited July 2013
    Hi!

DH and I have been married for a little over two years. We started TTC last September, have had two BFP's, and two missed miscarriages. Our most recent loss was in May, and our EDD was 1/3.

We are currently TTA as I just saw the RE for the first time yesterday, and will be undergoing lots of testing over the next two months.

GTKY: Yes, I love shoes and they are definitely my weakness. When I travel, I tend to pack far too many pairs of shoes :D
  • I am 35 and just hit my 2y TTC anniversary this month. That plus a recent loss plus my EDD plus having to put my cat down, all within a month of each other has been kind of rough, and I'm glad to see the end of July!

July sounds like it was a rough month for you.  I'm sorry.  It was super gross for us too.  I am right there with you....see you later July!  Don't let to door hit ya where the good lord split ya!    :P

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

• E&B0811 said:
    Hi KMW08! Thanks for the check-in. My EDD was 1/29/13. DH and I were so excited when we got the BFP. We had TTA for years so I could finish law school and we could both get our careers in order. We saw a hb at 7w2d and then at 10w, no hb and no growth since about 8w. I could have never imagined and was totally unprepared for how sad and painful the experience would be. Now, I am 4 weeks and 1 day out from learning the sad news, 4 weeks out from trying miso and 3 weeks 4 days since my d and c. I started my period today....YAYAY!!!....and AF may now leave. Once she's out of here, we can try again. My super fantastic ob is hopeful that we will get our rainbow baby very soon. We've decided that whatever she says is fact as she's been right about everything in this horrid process so far, so FX that she's right about this too. GTKY: I love my shoes, but I totally play favorites. There are some, like my black Louboutins or my 6 inch snakeskin gladiators, that make me feel amazing!
    Yay for AF showing up!!  We get to start again, too, once she makes her visit.  FX this next cycle is the one for you guys!  
    I hope AF shows up soon for you, too!  I'm so glad to see you here, Carlson :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• E&B0811 said:

You have probably never been so happy to see AF! FX for your cycle this month. I am jealous of your shoes!!! And your verse in your sig is beautiful, one of my fav's. 

Never ever so happy to see her!  I love that verse too.  I was reminded of it when I saw it in another Bumpie's siggy 2 weeks before my loss and I had to c&p it into mine. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• BethKate said:

Good morning!

My EDD was 1/27/14.

My H and I started ttc in July 2012 and finally got pregnant on the 11th cycle trying. At 5w2d, a week after my bfp, I started bleeding and assumed I had miscarried, but my betas kept going up, although they weren't really doubling as they should be. I had to u/s at 7w2d and 7w4d and they saw nothing in my uterus or tubes. On 6/16 at 7w6d, I was having some dull pain, so already knowing it was probably ectopic, I went to the ER. This time, they saw it in my left tube and I had laparoscopic surgery to remove it. I was lucky enough to be able to keep my tube, and I was also lucky that my first period came only 2 weeks after surgery. That cycle was very normal, and yesterday I started my second post-loss cycle. We're now back to officially ttc.

GTKY: Are you a shoe-girl - do you have a bazillion pairs of shoes that you can't part with?

Nope, not at all. I think I own maybe 8 pairs of shoes.

Were you BethandDerek before the bump change-o?  Yay for being unbenched!  We are almost cycle buddies....CD 1 here

Pregnancy Ticker

• Poppy715 said:
    E&B0811 said:

Amazing news AF is back. Now we can wish her away again! Isn't that crazy how that works?

One of my midwives predicted Addie would be a girl. I think I was like 14 or 16 weeks. She guessed after using the Doppler. I know it was just a am I right thing but she joked that she was right most of the time. Funny how that works. I hope with all my heart your ob is right about your rainbow.

Wow!  I'm so glad you are ok.  It sounds like you had quite an ordeal.  You are one heck of a strong woman. And, ditto your comment about TB, totally a stellar group of women. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• E&B0811 said:
    BethKate said:

Good morning!

My EDD was 1/27/14.

My H and I started ttc in July 2012 and finally got pregnant on the 11th cycle trying. At 5w2d, a week after my bfp, I started bleeding and assumed I had miscarried, but my betas kept going up, although they weren't really doubling as they should be. I had to u/s at 7w2d and 7w4d and they saw nothing in my uterus or tubes. On 6/16 at 7w6d, I was having some dull pain, so already knowing it was probably ectopic, I went to the ER. This time, they saw it in my left tube and I had laparoscopic surgery to remove it. I was lucky enough to be able to keep my tube, and I was also lucky that my first period came only 2 weeks after surgery. That cycle was very normal, and yesterday I started my second post-loss cycle. We're now back to officially ttc.

GTKY: Are you a shoe-girl - do you have a bazillion pairs of shoes that you can't part with?

Nope, not at all. I think I own maybe 8 pairs of shoes.

Were you BethandDerek before the bump change-o?  Yay for being unbenched!  We are almost cycle buddies....CD 1 here
    Yep! I have that in my siggy, but I didn't even consider that mobile users can't see that. Stupid Bump. I keep being told that "the team" is looking at my account, but nothing's been fixed yet.

Having an identity crisis due to the new Bump 

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and DX with endo. 6/16

Blogging to stay sane

• AnnieBN said:
    Hi!

DH and I have been married for a little over two years. We started TTC last September, have had two BFP's, and two missed miscarriages. Our most recent loss was in May, and our EDD was 1/3.

We are currently TTA as I just saw the RE for the first time yesterday, and will be undergoing lots of testing over the next two months.

GTKY: Yes, I love shoes and they are definitely my weakness. When I travel, I tend to pack far too many pairs of shoes :D

I hope you had a good appt with the RE, it can be a TON of information to take in all at once. There's a few of us who are TTA for a few months for various reasons, so you won't be alone on that. If you have any questions about the testing, don't hesitate to ask! There's plenty of ladies on ttcal that have been through it and can let you know what to expect or how their experience was.

image    image

• Tiarem said:

Hi Everyone. I lost my twins at 10 weeks and my due date was 1/14/14. I just got my period and we are going to try this month. My doctor said we have the green light and I think we are ready. It's been one of the toughest things I've ever gone through, but I know how badly I want to be a mom, so we are going to give it a go!

As for shoes I love looking at Manolo Blanhiks, but more than likely would buy Nine West and would give anything if Uggs were accepted in the corporate world. :)

Welcome to the checkin. I'll add you to the list. Getting back on the ttc-horse after a loss can be very (mentally) challenging. Kudos to you for that. I know you posted a question on ttcal a few days ago, but have you introduced yourself on the main board? If you haven't, please do so :)  If you have and I missed it, my apologies.

image    image

• Hi Ladies.  My due date was 1/15/14.  At 6 weeks our midwife said she might actually be seeing twins, but she couldn't get a clear view.  We went back at 7 weeks and it was just one baby, with a very faint heartbeat.  At the 8 week visit the heartbeat was gone and I had a d&c the next day (on 6/7).  I got AF exactly 5 weeks after the surgery, but never ovulated (I was tracking with ovulation strips).  Using ovulation strips again this cycle, it seems I ovulated for almost 4 days!  Hopefully all the fun the husband and I had will make another baby.  We were lucky enough to get pregnant on the first try last time, so I'm hoping for the same luck now.  I'm waiting a week from today to take the test <fingers crossed>.  I'm terrified of getting a positive though because I'll be such a freak for the fist few months.

image  image
    BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
    BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!
  • @mdarmetko So sorry to hear of your loss. I don't remember seeing you on TTCAL before (sorry if I am wrong and forgot your intro...so many lately). FX for you this cycle. I am in the TWW too, and will be checking around next week as well. 

• jgreig83, thank you, sorry for your loss as well.  I actually just started to read this board a week or so ago, but I was active on the miscarriage board.  Since we are ready to try again, I thought I would get more out of this board, and I have.  Do you have a day next week you are going to force yourself to wait until you take the test?  My AF should be coming sometimes Friday-Sunday (28-30 day cycle usually), and my tests are "6 days before" type, so I'm going to try... TRY and wait until next Thursday.

image  image
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
  • I have no regular cycle dates really...21 and 25 days since my MC in May. I was hoping to wait it out till the 11th, but realized that that is just too long. I am hoping to wait now (tested last night at DPO9 with no willpower) till the 9th at which point I would be at my regular cycle while on BC at 28.

• jgreig83 said:
    I have no regular cycle dates really...21 and 25 days since my MC in May. I was hoping to wait it out till the 11th, but realized that that is just too long. I am hoping to wait now (tested last night at DPO9 with no willpower) till the 9th at which point I would be at my regular cycle while on BC at 28.
    good luck to you! we'll be keeping our fingers crossed!

image  image
  • I'm totally late to this, but I'd like to join too. I've had two losses, with my most recent EDD being 1/25/14. I had a D&C, so I'm benched for two cycles, then we will be starting up medicated cycles with the RE.

GTKY: Nope, I'm not really a shoe person. I wish sneakers were acceptable for all occasions!

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• I'm so late on this, I'm sorry!

#2 ;BFP 5/7/13; EDD 1/11/14, HB at 6.5 weeks, no HB at 9 weeks; D&C on 6/17. OB said to wait one cycle before TTC again. But that dumb B!tch, AF doesn't want to show up yet!!

Hubby and I got married in April 2012, stopped BC immediately. Not trying but not preventing. No children, really eager to start a family.  

I love shoes! And purses! But I don't have a bazillion pairs ..... only a zillion!

• GTKY: Are you a shoe-girl - do you have a bazillion pairs of shoes that you can't part with?

I love shoes! And purses! But I don't have a bazillion pairs ..... only a zillion!

Hi. Your shoe comment made me giggle. What's your favorite pair?

Pregnancy Ticker

• E&B0811 said:

Ha! My favorites right now are my wedding shoes, that I still wear all the time!

• EDD was 01/09/14. 

Baby had spina bifida and hb stopped at 11 wks.   We're back to TTC and are hoping to be able to test next month.

GTKY:  I'm sort of a shoe person, I guess?  I used to have a ton of heels that I LOVED.  But then, because of meds, I gained about 100 lbs between 08/12-01/13.  So being this big and wearing huge heels just doesn't look right to me.  But on the up-side I've lost about 30 lbs of that, so hopefully the rest will come off soon enough.  But yeah, I like shoes, but anymore I have a pair of flip-flops and a pair of trainers.  That's it.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.

• E&B0811 said:

Ha! My favorites right now are my wedding shoes, that I still wear all the time!

GORGEOUS!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• EllyD14 said:
    EDD was 01/09/14. 

Baby had spina bifida and hb stopped at 11 wks.   We're back to TTC and are hoping to be able to test next month.

GTKY:  I'm sort of a shoe person, I guess?  I used to have a ton of heels that I LOVED.  But then, because of meds, I gained about 100 lbs between 08/12-01/13.  So being this big and wearing huge heels just doesn't look right to me.  But on the up-side I've lost about 30 lbs of that, so hopefully the rest will come off soon enough.  But yeah, I like shoes, but anymore I have a pair of flip-flops and a pair of trainers.  That's it.
    Sorry for your loss. Congrats on the weight loss.

• KMW08 said:
    AnnieBN said:
    Hi!

I hope you had a good appt with the RE, it can be a TON of information to take in all at once. There's a few of us who are TTA for a few months for various reasons, so you won't be alone on that. If you have any questions about the testing, don't hesitate to ask! There's plenty of ladies on ttcal that have been through it and can let you know what to expect or how their experience was.
    KMW08. I've already learned a lot from all of the ladies on TTA, and I hope to be able to give back one day. Appointment went well, and doctor seems like she wants to cover all bases. I feel a little better now that there's a plan, and I'm praying we get some answers soon.
  • EllyD14 said:
    EDD was 01/09/14. 

Welcome to the check-in. Congrats on the weight loss, keep up the great work, that's something to definitely be proud of!

image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"