C-sections
Options

bleeding after c-section?

I will be having my first baby very soon via c-section as he is breach. I was wondering if you bleed a lot vaginally right afterwards? Thanks

Re: bleeding after c-section?

• Options
    EmR22EmR22 member
    Mine dr didn't remove much with my c section so I had as much bleeding as I did with my vaginal delivery. I did have very light bleeding for the first week or two and then the next few weeks it was heavier.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say that I also have a planned c/s in about a week for a breech baby. Good luck!!!

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bled for 3-4 weeks
  • Options
    I'm at 3 1/2 weeks post c-section and still bleeding, but very lightly. I only needed the mega-jumbo pad for about two days. By the time I came home I was using the Always Infinity pads and for the last week I've been fine with just a liner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    jennOKjennOK member
    I didn't hardly bleed at all. I would say light for a few days then spotting for a few more. My doctor must have cleaned almost everything out.
  • Options
    I bled for 6 weeks, took a week off and then bled for another week.  
  • Options
    aandgaandg member
    I bled for about 6 weeks, which was a little less then the 7ish weeks I bled after my vaginal delivery. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    good luck to you as well! i hope it goes smoothly!

• Options
    I'm 2pp with my RCS and Blead very lightly.
    Wife to Michael 5/25/02 
    Mom to Reilly 3/13/03 
    Mom to Ryder 7/26/13
    BFP 12/10/12
    Beta 12/12/12: 351 @16 dpo 
    Beta 12/17/12: 2999 @21 dpo 
    Beta 12/20/12: 7539 @24 dpo 

• Options
    I bled really heavy for the first few hours and then light for a few days. It wasn't much at all. I'm interested to see what happens this time
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    By the time I left the hospital it was no worse than a period for me. After a week I was pretty good with just a panty liner but that little bit lasted for about 3 weeks, just annoying not too bad. I would notice it got worse if I did too much in a day.
  • Options
    My bleeding has nearly stopped completely Would only have a very small amount of dark red blood very minimal by day 7.... Now I'm 13 days out and for the past 2-3 days I have been having bright red bleeding. Is this typical or am I overdoing things and causing the increase in bleeding??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"