April 2013 Moms

sleeping/eating

I need advice! My LO drinks 4oz. of formula throughout the day and it will last 3 hrs. on the dot. I can give him a 6oz. bottle right before bed (almost falling asleep eating) and it will only last 4hrs. What should I do? I have that 4 hr. stretch and then it's back to every 3 hrs. through the night.
image    image   image

Re: sleeping/eating

• Be happy he is sleeping for a 4 hour stretch! Lol. Nah, but babies will progress and regress in sleep several times and there isn't really much you can do about it except try and feed them when they want it.

Some people say earlier bedtime helped, some say more food helped, some say co-sleeping/sleeping in their own room helped them sleep better... every baby is different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay! Co-sleeping definitely helps him sleep better but I don't want to be stuck with him in our bed forever! Ugh I just hope it gets better soon!!!
    image    image   image
  • Loading the player...
  • We are still getting mostly three and two hour stretches these days. He sounds normal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We went from 7 hour stretches last month to waking up 4-5 times a night for the past few weeks. Babies are all over the place. Hang in there! I don't think you are doing anything wrong, or that there is a magic formula to get LO sleeping longer at this stage!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"