November 2013 Moms
Options

Can't win...

So apparently soft serve ice cream is a pregnancy no-no? Of course after I've had it twice this week. Does anyone else feel like there's no way to possibly win with all of the restrictions (that you usually have to find out on your own)??

Re: Can't win...

• Options
    Why?! I've never heard of this. My husband just told me that he was gonna take me to DQ for my birthday. X_X
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never heard this! Why would it be a no no?

• Options
    Huh?? Yeah, at some point I've started to ignore some of the restrictions. They seem a bit...excessive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lamo1210 said:

Already ate it. Quite a few times. Still pregnant!

Yep, me too! I posted Agee weeks ago about how wonderful McDonald's ice cream is and like 30 people responded that it was amazing. No one even mentioned a restriction, so I would worry.

• Options
    If I remember correctly, there is a risk of Listeria and other food borne illnesses due to improper equipment cleaning. I think DQ and other chain restaurants have cleaning schedules/policies. Just don't get it from a mom and pop ice cream shop.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah...the mom and pop shop was my concern. That's where I was today...sigh...
  • Options
    Yup had it from one of those places too... Again.. Still pregnant.

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Seriously you can get food bourne illness from anything edible! Our mothers had us without all these dumb restrictions and we turned out healthy i presume. I've had soft serve, deli meat and coffee all in moderation and baby is growing healthy and strong.
  • Options
    Everything in moderation, except for heroin. 
    Absolutely.
    photo bannernew_zpsfb1f0d0b.jpg

• Options
    I just have to say I think people take this food stuff to a whole new level when pregnant.  Why on earth are people not this "concerned" when not pregnant.  I mean if food born ilness is a concern when pregnant it is also a concern when not pregnant.  Everything in moderation is a good key to use when both pregnant and not.  I truly hate these posts.
    I personally don't eat at questionable mom and pop places when I am not pregnant. I had a bad case of food poisoning when I was in the Navy and I prefer not to have that happen again. Pregnant or not.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just have to say I think people take this food stuff to a whole new level when pregnant.  Why on earth are people not this "concerned" when not pregnant.  I mean if food born ilness is a concern when pregnant it is also a concern when not pregnant.  Everything in moderation is a good key to use when both pregnant and not.  I truly hate these posts.

I think it stems from at least one person losing their LO due to issues with that certain food, so a massive No-No is sent out. It's not a big deal unless you're that person that's affected by it...and then it can be devastating. I personally walk on the side of caution, but don't begrudge or side-eye those that don't. Personally, PgAL brain makes it more difficult for me because I can't fathom if I made bad choice that hurt my LO...but those are my own issues to deal with.
  • Options

I think it stems from at least one person losing their LO due to issues with that certain food, so a massive No-No is sent out. It's not a big deal unless you're that person that's affected by it...and then it can be devastating. I personally walk on the side of caution, but don't begrudge or side-eye those that don't. Personally, PgAL brain makes it more difficult for me because I can't fathom if I made bad choice that hurt my LO...but those are my own issues to deal with.
    Yeah, my original post was more a vent/frustration that's there's no humanly possible way to do everything right, even when you think you are. After two losses prior to this, it is just annoying to feel like I can't really even control something that I thought was in my control and that I was being careful about (what I choose to eat).

Didn't mean to post a dumb question :)
  • Options

I wouldn't stress about it. Like PP's have said, moderation is key. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Everything in moderation, except for heroin. 

I want to "love it" this, but TB won't let me.  Maybe 10 is the max.

I can't even begin to count how many times I've had soft-serve icecream or yogurt this pregnancy.  That's one my dr didn't tell me about.  Then again, I'm more on the lax side of things.  ::sips coffee::

• Options
    Woah, I feel like I should just give up eating normal food until this kid comes out at this rate....
  • Options
    Never heard of this, sounds crazy to me.  My sage advice... being the smartest women alive hahaha! Don't do crack, don't smoke, keep your alcohol to half a glass of champagne at Grandma's 80th birthday toast, or your sister's wedding, and wear a seatbelt... things will turn out fine.  Geez.
  • Options
    I agree with some of the other PP's. Don't do obvious no no's and ignore all the crazy ones people come up with. Use common since and you'll be fine. :-B

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Even if it's a mom and pop, they still have health inspectors that check the place on a regular basis. There are laws for any establishments that sell food.
  • Options
    We have a mom and pop ice cream store on the block by my office. Our whole office takes a 3 pm break to walk there and get ice cream. I have something (not always ice cream) from them like 2-3 times a week. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"