April 2013 Moms

WWYD???

DH's uncle is getting married in October about 3 hours from home. He wants everyone to plan on staying for the weekend. It is a very small wedding with only about 30 people. I asked to see if I could bring DD because I don't feel comfortable leaving her for an entire weekend. We have a wedding in November and DD will be spending the night with my parents. His uncle told my MIL that the wedding is no place for children. Right now I plan on staying home and sending my husband to the wedding without me and DD. So what would you do?

Re: WWYD???

• ktr722 said:

Right now I plan on staying home and sending my husband to the wedding without me and DD. So what would you do?

This is exactly what I'd do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Why is a wedding no place for children??

Maybe for the first wedding your Mom or another family member can come along and watch DD in your hotel room? Like a practice run?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • I probably would stay home as well... I don't think I could leave DD for a whole weekend.

Also, it totally doesn't change anything for your situation but we had kids at our wedding, which was also a max of 35 people. They were all incredibly well behaved, which is a lot more than I can say for some of the adults there, lol.
  • ktr722ktr722 member

Why is a wedding no place for children??

Maybe for the first wedding your Mom or another family member can come along and watch DD in your hotel room? Like a practice run?

I would love to do this but the first wedding is the one that's away.
  • ktr722ktr722 member

Also, it totally doesn't change anything for your situation but we had kids at our wedding, which was also a max of 35 people. They were all incredibly well behaved, which is a lot more than I can say for some of the adults there, lol.

I had kids at my wedding too. It's not like I would let her cry or anything. I just don't understand how they can even ask that of me. I don't plan on leaving DD for more than a night until she can speak, LOL!
  • We went to a wedding three hours away last month and had an extra room booked for my ILs. We paid for it and they were going to watch DS while we were gone, and they liked it because they got to bike and sightsee, etc. However we decided after a week long vacation with DH's whole family that we just wanted to leave DS with them at home and get a decent night's sleep. That was only one night though- I can see why you wouldn't want to leave your baby all weekend. Don't know if the hotel thing is an option for you? Or just going one night?

• I personally would send DH and stay behind because I wouldn't feel comfortable being that far away from DS for the weekend but honestly you have time. Your feelings might change.

• I would do as you said and stay behind. Then, I would let my hubby decide if he wanted to go. But I wouldn't want to leave my LO for a weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ktr722ktr722 member
    Thanks for the advice, ladies!
  • Yep, I'd send DH and stay home (and if it were my friend or family member, I'd expect DH to stay home and I'd go).

The bride/ groom have absolutely every right in the world to not want kids at their wedding.

And then you, as potential guests, have every right in the world to not attend if you can't make it work!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JBDamonMJBDamonM member
    edited July 2013
    Yep, I'd send DH and stay home (and if it were my friend or family member, I'd expect DH to stay home and I'd go).

The bride/ groom have absolutely every right in the world to not want kids at their wedding.

And then you, as potential guests, have every right in the world to not attend if you can't make it work!

Alll of this!

FYI - We are leaving DD for an entire weekend in September. I am not thrilled about it, but  we have a wedding - also 3 hours away with no kids. Hotel is $500, so paying for an extra room would actually be quite costly.  As much as I'm nervous I am also thrilled and very much looking forward to an adult wekeend with my husband. Sorry - I digress.
    ETA -  I have no idea why the quote button is finicky on my computer.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• I can understand if the wedding is at some super fancy place or something but even then there is no reason you cant go for the weekend and just skip the actual ceremony/reception while DH attends.

I would not leave my LO to go.

• Right now I plan on staying home and sending my husband to the wedding without me and DD. So what would you do?
    This is exactly what I'd do.
    I agree. Everyone is entitled to inviting or not inviting children to their wedding and I don't think people should get bent out of shape if children aren't invited to events. I think everyone should respect the wishes of a bride and groom on their special day and if the vibe they are going for is "kid free"...then that's their choice and I don't think they need to justify that to anyone. 

Sorry if that doesn't sit well with some ladies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"