TTC after 35

opinions on when to take temp

So of course I have been stalking FF to see if my dip in temp could still be a good things and I discovered two additional items to add to the equation.  One I can't help, mouth breathing, (yep super sexy) but the other got me thinking about the timing.
I generally wake up/ take temp at 6:30ish.  My DH's alarm goes off at 4:20 though.  I generally wake up enough to realize his alarm is going off and fall back asleep quickly but sometime it takes a little longer to fall back asleep.  
Do you think I should start to take my temp's when his alarm goes off or stay with when I actually wake up?  How much would waking up for 10 mins (but not getting up) effect my BBT 2 hrs later?  
Thanks ladies!
~S
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: opinions on when to take temp

• I'm an insomniac and have found that temping the first time I wake up to be my most accurate time, it's when I'm most likely to have had three or more hours of sleep. A quick wake up where you basically go right back to sleep would probably be fine, but if you find yourself having trouble getting back to sleep for any length of time that could definitely be a problem. I have lots of little wake ups during my later morning hours, and tho always make my temps wonky. If you can't consistently just go right back to sleep every time your H's alarm goes off, I would suggest temping at that time. It only takes a minute, you can go back to sleep and wait til you get up later to enter your temp into FF.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I agree I'd take it when your DH's alarm goes off.

I usually wake up sometime around 3-4 every morning on my own. Then I struggle getting back to sleep. I alway take my temp when I wake up the first time. Just for kicks I take it again later when I wake up and it's always a big difference but I don't think I sleep as soundly after that. This is my second month charting but last month FF was able to catch my o and give me ch on the way I temp.

Also, I'm not a mouth breather but I've heard many women temp vaginally because they are and they say its not a big deal and they get more consistent temps.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Vaginal temps are more accurate, I too am a mouth breather and haven't found an issue. I stick the thermometer all the way back and under the tongue, in that back corner.  I have noticed that I tend to get very similiar temps month to month, and I get the same 2 days in a row - which I attribute to mouth breathing. But it still seems to work!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Thanks Heather,
    I was able to see temperature variation enough to indicate ovulation so it does seem to work even though I am "catching flies" at night.  I do think a few of this cycle's weird numbers were attributed to the DH waking me up or the mouth breathing.  I just need to remember not to freak out if I see a big unexpected jump.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"