May 2013 Moms
Options

8 week old suddenly fussy

My 8 week old is a totally different baby! The past two nights have been hell filled with inconsolable crying.  Up until this point he has been a pretty easy baby and pretty easily consolable, especially compared to my older son who cried 24 hours a day for the first 6 months of his life.  The past two days he hasn't been feeding that well either after a certain point in the day.  So I get that there is a peak fussiness around 6-8 weeks and that babies cry.  I dealt with it with my first, but his was straight from birth, not all of a sudden.  Anyone else have any experience with out of the blue fussiness at 2 months? I know I am behind a lot of you in terms of when my son was born so looking for any experiences/advice if you went through this. 
Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 8 week old suddenly fussy

• Options
    lazyjosielazyjosie member
    edited July 2013
    Starting the day LO turned 8 weeks he all of a sudden went from being a low maintenance happy baby to crying all the time, and not tolerating being put down for even a minute while awake. It lasted for exactly a week and it was exhausting! Thankfully I have my happy boy back and I've just put it down to the 8 week wonder week. Hopefully your LO will be back to normal soon!
    P1000163
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO was 8 weeks yesterday. She slept awesome and barely cried all day yesterday. Today she has been very hard to get to sleep and only wants to nurse. Do you have the Wonder Weeks app? It says that this is a stormy period as its the start of a new leap. God help us....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guy was like this the last couple days. He's 11 months. But I think things like this can come at any time. Just another phase I guess.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    wjvwjv member
    jayro10 said:
    My LO was 8 weeks yesterday. She slept awesome and barely cried all day yesterday. Today she has been very hard to get to sleep and only wants to nurse. Do you have the Wonder Weeks app? It says that this is a stormy period as its the start of a new leap. God help us....
    I just bought the app right now! I really like this one! Thanks.  Its kind of nice to visually see that there is an end  :)
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Growth spurt, maybe?

My DD has colic. We live fussy ;) I've found that the Gerber Soothe probiotic has been helpful for us (recommended by pedi). Also, baths, carrying LO on my shoulder or facing outward have also been life saving. Naps are critical for us, too. 

Luckily things are starting to get better. 
    Hopefully this is temporary for you.
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    mrsanniemrsannie member
    edited July 2013
    Both of my boys got a little fussier around this age and my pedi reminded me last week that there is a lot going on with their digestive systems around 2 months so they tend to be fussy from tummy troubles. Hope it doesn't last too long!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We just went through this with our Little Snuffles! Don't worry- it's just a (short) phase. For us it started with a few days of being extra sleepy and not very smiley or playful, and then transitioned into fussy and hungry for another couple days before my happy, smiley baby was back to normal. 

Week 8 is a Wonder Week (google it if you aren't familiar) and there is apparently a huge cognitive leap during this time, which kind of rocks LO's world and makes things feel a little unstable to them, so they cling to Mommy for comfort. The good thing is, after the leap, you will probably notice your baby has new baby skills! Mine suddenly had much more interest in her play gym and other toys, started jabbering a LOT more and showed an interest in standing (with assistance), which she now loves.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    I'm rigt at 8 weeks today and LO is her normal for evening fussy but I have noticed she is no longer sleeping her 4-6 hour stretch at night. Back to a 2-4 hr deal. Hoping this changes back soon!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"