June 2013 Moms
Options

Bottle feeders... a ?

If you are out and about for the day, how many bottles do you take with you? Do you take enough for each feeding or do you rinse and reuse during the day? We are headed on a road trip soon and I'm trying to decide how many bottles to take with me. I'll probably be able to wash them once a day. I'm going to take the microwave sterilizer bags and hope the hotel has a micro. But my main question is during the day... what do you do? Take a bunch with you or rinse and reuse? I was also thinking about getting some of the Medela breast pump wipes and wiping them off? Good idea? Bad idea? HELP!

Kristi

It's Twins!!!!! Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bottle feeders... a ?

• Options
    It depends how long I'm gone. If I'm going to someone's house I'll wash them and bring less. For how long I'm usually gone ill bring 2. :)

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• Options
    I'd bring a bunch. Enough to not have to wash and reuse until I can sterilize but I'm a panicky FTM :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Depends on the situation. If I'm going to just run a few errands and miss one or two, I take one. If I'm going somewhere I can feed, wash the bottle and pump fesh milk into jr, I do that. When we went to visit H's family which was a 7 hour drive I took three bottles so I could have one prepped and ready, one to pump into and a spare if needed.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have 14 bottles (7 for each of them) so  think we'll be good for each day.
  • Options
    Oh about pump wipes, they're a waste. Get pacifier wipes. They're food grade so safe for LO and they SO much cheaper.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    It depends on whether I will have access to only well water or city water wherever I'm going. According to my DD's pedi, you don't have to sterilize if you're using city water to wash your bottles, as long as you use hot soapy water. If that's the case I would only bring like 2 bottles. Another idea...Gerber has 3 oz glass jars of pre-mixed formula that they sell and they are pretty awesome. You just screw the nipple on them and their ready to go.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    Maybe you should look at getting the playtex drop-in bottles?
    Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • Options
    We tried the drop-ins... they didn't work for us. Funny thing... we tried all kinds of bottles and the ones that worked the best are the cheapie Gerber bottles. I think it's because they were bottle trained in the NICU on basic nipples and they are the same as the Gerbers. The fancy ones shaped like a boob don't work for these two.

I have a ton of pacifier wipes. I'll take them with us. Good idea.

We have a few ready to feed bottles to take with us. They are on Neosure (preemie formula) so they are very expensive to go this route.
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    We usually take a Playtex bottle and bring several liners and extra nipples. Since the liner and nipples are all that really get dirty anyway with Playtex, you can reuse the bottle "shell" a few times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"