High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

XP: late triplet intro

Hi all!  Long time lurker and silent supporter, but this is my first post.  I'm a FTM, technically due November 14 with spontaneous triplets, an identical set of twin girls (no membrane) and a boy.  Due to the girls, the doctors won't let me go much past 32.0 (late September) and I'm headed for HBR at 26.1 for monitoring.  While, at our 10 week appointment, the MFMs gave us a 50 percent chance of delivering three live babies and 90 percent chance of major birth defects in one or more - we have been blessed with an uneventful pregnancy and three perfect children still cooking away at 24.5.  It's been a long ride - and it will get more exciting before it's over - but I've mostly just taken it a day at a time.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the amazing ladies on the multiples, high risk and november 2013 boards.  I've never been one to post anything, anywhere, but I have been so grateful to you all for your guidance, humor and advice. Particularly seeing where some of the multiple moms have gone, has given me some hope that I won't be completely drowning once I actually get these little ones home.  (Honestly, I've been so focused on growing them and getting them out safe, there has not been a whole lot of thought about what happens after!) I've prayed for many of you and hope to be a more active supporter on the boards in the future.  Thanks for letting me join you all.

Re: XP: late triplet intro

• Options
    e74e74 member
    Welcome and good luck!!
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Options
    Welcome! This board is so full of warm, supportive women.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know - you guys are a fantastic group!  I've been following the bed rest check-in pretty closely to try and get ready for (best case scenario) 6-7 weeks of HBR starting next week.  I've gotten some good ideas for what to bring/do to keep myself sane.   I just hope I can contribute in the future and pay back some of the good I've received... 
  • Options
    Welcome! Please, join us!

Do not listen to the doctor's statistics! I have a friend whose story is like yours. She was put in hbr and only heard negative remarks from the doctors. She told them to send her home if they had no faith. She kept her faith and carried to almost 33 weeks. She has 3 beautiful healthy girls that are about 3 or 4 months old now!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!  We pretty much just ignored the statistics and took it one day at a time... DH and I never considered reducing the twins (which was the general thrust of the 10 week conversation).  Thankfully, the doctors all turned sometime around 20 weeks when they saw the bloodwork, A/Ss and fetal echos were clear (in addition to issues with prematurity that everyone would have, momo's are also prone to a lot of bad birth defects due to the super late split of the egg).  We have an incredibly supportive team that are now all just interested in keeping our little ones in as long as possible and then getting them the heck out.

I love hearing all the amazing stories of people who have made it.  33 weeks is awesome!
  • Options
    Welcome! And fingers crossed everything turns out fine for you and LOs
  • Options
    Wow, congratulations on your triplets!!!!! Good luck on bed rest and keep us updated on your adventure. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome, we will be waiting for you at the bedrest check in with open hearts and arms :) keep those little ones cooking :)
  • Options
    Welcome!
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Welcome,  Such amazing, supportive women here!   Best of luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks again, ladies!  Wallace, you and your partner are not too far ahead of me, and I've obviously followed your story closely along with everyone else as there are relatively few triplet pregnancies.  My heart broke for you both when you lost Baby B and I continue to pray for all five of you. You have amazing strength and I'm so glad you've made it this far through all the ups and downs.  30 weeks is amazing!
  • Options
    I'm carrying mo/mo twins and I've never heard anyone, professional or not, say they're prone to many birth defects. That's unsettling.
  • Options
    Hi Staceymack!  I didn't know you were carrying mo/mo's as well - Didn't mean to unsettle you, my apologies.  As always, I think it just depends on the doctors.  Mine were specifically worried about heart defects more than anything else.  I also don't know to what extent their concern was increased by the triplet in there.  With each ultrasound they were happier, and by 16-20 weeks they had resolved all of their concerns.

I see you're 31 and 3 - which is amazing!  How long are your doctors letting you carry?

• Options
    Off the record MFM said not past 36 weeks. He needs to put that into a report before my OB office will schedule a tentative c/s date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"