Working Moms

Moms who travel for work

CarrieB.CarrieB. member
edited July 2013 in Working Moms
Does this ever get easier? I feel like every time I go, DD1 is even worse when I get home. Last time I was gone overnight my mom came to help bc DH was recovering from cataract surgery and I think that helped a lot, but this time there wasn't that distraction. I was only gone for 2 days and 1 night and she was a complete tantrum-y mess by the time I got home tonight and I don't think DH slept at all. I'm not sure if my tickers are working, but if it helps, DD1 is 2 and we're expecting #2 in November, so my traveling days are limited in the near future at least.
IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: Moms who travel for work

• I don't know how to help because my DS is too young right now to notice. Not looking forward to that changing.
  • Right now, DS is 3 and DD is 1.  I just got back from my first trip since DD was born.  I have two more coming up. 
    I think you are in the difficult time period.  When they are younger, they hardly even notice that you're gone.  When they are older, like DS is now, you can explain to them what's going on.  But 2 is tough.  Are you able to skype?  We skype.  I think it probably makes me feel better more than them!  I miss them so much when I travel. I don't know how frequent travelers do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I travel for work, and DD (~2.5) doesn't really seem to notice. Is your DH keeping her routine the same as when you both are home?
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • I travel for work, and DD (~2.5) doesn't really seem to notice. Is your DH keeping her routine the same as when you both are home?

Unfortunately,we can't keep her routine the same when I'm gone bc she is usually home all day w DH, then I come home, he goes to work and I do the bedtime routine. For this last trip, he took vacation and had her for the whole time I was gone.

It's not like DH doesn't know how to put her to bed. I guess it's just that he's usually only home about 2 evenings a week.

IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"