Cloth Diapering
Options

Desitin on CDs

So apparently MIL didn't know how to wipe LO's butt in the mornings last week when she visited. We put desitin on LO at night in her sposies and now I can see desitin on our CD's and they are repelling like crazy! What can I do??

Re: Desitin on CDs

• Options
    I see there was a similar question posted earlier, but no answers as of yet?
  • Options
    I was the one who posted below.

Since ours was just one diaper, and fresh, I used a toothbrush and blue dawn to scrub it. I'm still in the process of trying to clean it so I'm not sure how well it will work.

If you can see specific spots of the desitin then I'd try scrubbing. The other alternative is to just try stripping them all with blue dawn in your washing machine.

Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmhiggin said:

I was the one who posted below.

Since ours was just one diaper, and fresh, I used a toothbrush and blue dawn to scrub it. I'm still in the process of trying to clean it so I'm not sure how well it will work.

If you can see specific spots of the desitin then I'd try scrubbing. The other alternative is to just try stripping them all with blue dawn in your washing machine.

Good luck.

It's one diaper but has been washed and hung dry twice before I saw the desitin. Can I use blue dawn that has oxyclean in it? That's what we have on hand...
  • Options
    I've always heard only original blue dawn.

Also, if its been washed with other diapers, they may all need to be stripped. I think I've heard that washing them together like that will just spread it amongst them all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I haven't had trouble with any other diapers yet but if I do, how do I strip?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"