Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Finger Pain

I have been doing great with very few third trimester symptoms.. but I am having some strange pain and wanted to know if anyone else experienced it and what you did to alleviate it.

I wouldn't say my fingers are "swollen" but they certainly are a little puffy.  I have pain radiating from the inside of my left wrist. through my hand, and up my middle and ring fingers.. as if they need to crack.  If I lay on my left side at night the pain actually wakes me up at night.  Today the fingers on my right hand kicked in and they are killing me too.  They are more of an ache when I try to bend them.  

My fingers and hands feel very weak and I have trouble doing things like opening a water bottle or jar or picking something up that needs a tight grip.

Anyone?  Bueller?   TIA..
4 IVF, 2 FET
January 13, 2012- m/c 1
September 12, 2012- m/c 2

MTHFR (2 copies C677T, +ANA)

Gluten free, dairy free, acupuncture
1/13/13- BFP #3-
1/14- 32 Progesterone 20
1/16- 100 Progesterone 23
1/22- 2054!! Progesterone 18.7 (On supplements since 1/16)

PLEASE be our sticky rainbow baby.. You have no idea how much you are loved already!!

BabyFruit Ticker
pregnancy
You gotta keep your head up. You can let your hair down. Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again!

Re: Finger Pain

• Options
    You know, I had problems kind like this with my first pregnancy, and I was told it was like carpal tunnel, because of fluid buildup in the wrist joint. My hands would go numb! The best thing I found to do was either lay my arms and hands really flat (like on the bed, or on the arm of a chair) or hold them up over my head for a while. 

But I'm no doctor, so that may not be helpful to you. Good luck, though! 
  • Options
    pkarenpkaren member
    I've been having hand pain too, but it mostly just feels like my joint are sore and swollen. Pg women are prone to carpal tunnel, so what you're feeling could be that or it could just be from the hormone relaxin? Hopefully it's not too bad and it goes away after you have that babe!
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That actually almost sounds like carpel tunnel or arthritis, but I'm not a doctor and haven't experienced anything like that. Hopefully you can get some relief soon!! Doesn't sound like fun! 
  • Options
    Carpal tunnel. It's very common during pregnancy and usually goes away within the first few days or weeks after delivery.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    BuckyCBuckyC member
    It sounds like carpal tunnel. I have it - pregnancy induced. Here are some things that have helped me:

Wrist braces - can be bought at Walgreens, Target, etc.

Icing my hands/wrists a few times a day.

Having my husband massage my hands to increase circulation.

Spending time in the pool - helps with swelling overall.

Hope you get some relief. I know how painful it can be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"