April 2014 Moms
Options

Hardest Habit To Kick?

What has been your hardest habit to quit so far?

My first pregnancy was smoking. OMG that was a horrible experience. But I never went back after I had Bay thank goodness!

This pregnancy so far has to be my nightly glass of wine to unwind from the day! Oh how I miss it :-)

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image

Re: Hardest Habit To Kick?

• Options
    I agree! So worth it, but missing my Pinot! :)
  • Options
    I already miss my vino so much! Feel like its especially hard in the summer with all those bbqs, pool parties, dinner parties etc. No one said it was easy being good :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Another wine vote!!  
  • Options
    Wine is definitely hard to let go. I must say the morning coffee too... I know we can have two cups a day, but I decided to cut it all.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I gave up coffee...it is hard! Not physically so much, but I just like the ritual that goes along with it and the taste. I know I could technically do decaf, but it just tastes useless, you know?

With my first it was wine. Oh how I missed that! I still do! I've been pregnant or BFing for a year and 9 months, so I haven't had more than a glass in a looooong time. Oh what I wouldn't give to just be a bit tipsy lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm on the wine wagon. There have been a couple of times my DH has poured himself a glass and I can smell it clear across the room... then I miss it, but in general it hasn't been that bad
  • Options
    yurmomyurmom member
    @rlmanning kudos to you for giving up smoking!! That is a hard habit to break!
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    I think I will miss my weekend beer and wine the most.  But at least I got to have most of the summer to celebrate before getting knocked up :)

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    I'm addicted to soda. It's the only thing that gets me through my shifts. I really need to quit but they say soda is more addictive than drugs. It was the only thing that made my morning sickness better with my daughter.
  • Options
    Sushi

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I at sushi while pregnant with my daughter. In Japan certain types of sushi are fed to expecting and pp mothers specifically. But in the US it's had to tell how fresh your fish is or the training of the chef.
  • Options
    Coffee for me! And the occasional adult beverage, wine or beer! I'm still letting myself have a cup of coffee a day.
     BFP#1- 2/12/10 DD born 10/20/10
     BFP#2- 7/27/13 EDD- 4/5/13 CP 8/4/13 @ 5weeks1day
     BFP#3- 12/1/13 EDD- 8/10/14

• Options
    Aaahhh... Can I change my answer? I miss sushi the most now!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I gave up coffee...it is hard! Not physically so much, but I just like the ritual that goes along with it and the taste. I know I could technically do decaf, but it just tastes useless, you know? With my first it was wine. Oh how I missed that! I still do! I've been pregnant or BFing for a year and 9 months, so I haven't had more than a glass in a looooong time. Oh what I wouldn't give to just be a bit tipsy lol.

Pump and Dump! Well...not for 9.5 months or so, but it's worth it from time to time!
    image   image   imageimage
    William Lawrence 5.18.11
    #2 Due 4.4.14

• Options
    Beer. I miss beer. DH gave it up as an act of solidarity...kind of puzzles me' especially when he has a built in DD for the next 9 months, but I will take it I guess.
    image   image   imageimage
    William Lawrence 5.18.11
    #2 Due 4.4.14

• Options
    @dlsexton thank you! Quiting smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done! But it was so hard to quit and I was pregnant that I knew quiting any other time would have felt impossible. That is what kept me from starting back up after having Bailey. It is been almost 3 years now!

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options
    flom0036 said:
    I gave up coffee...it is hard! Not physically so much, but I just like the ritual that goes along with it and the taste. I know I could technically do decaf, but it just tastes useless, you know? With my first it was wine. Oh how I missed that! I still do! I've been pregnant or BFing for a year and 9 months, so I haven't had more than a glass in a looooong time. Oh what I wouldn't give to just be a bit tipsy lol.

Pump and Dump! Well...not for 9.5 months or so, but it's worth it from time to time!

I did that, twice. Once pretty recently. It was awesome, but DS didn't sleep very well because he's not crazy about the bottle :-/
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I am going to be the worst pregnant person ever because I am going to greatly miss my wine, sushi and mass amounts of coffee/diet coke.

Red wine will probably be the biggest thing I will miss.
  • Options
    I miss ambien, booze, and allergy meds

BFP 7/16/13, EDD 3/27/14 - blighted ovum  - D&C 8/26/13
    Dx PCOS and Septate Uterus
    Septum Resection - 2/6/14
    brand new cuterus
    March 2014:   first medicated cycle + iui
    = BFP!
    Baby Drgn born December 3, 2014

• Options
    Mine was drinking because I just love my cocktails, but I wanted to say I love your daughters name! I just wanted to say Bay is one of our top picks if we have a girl
  • Options
    Is sushi a habit? I think I have a sushi habit. I love coffee. With my first though, my morning sickness/ food aversion made it so I couldn't even SMELL coffee without gagging. Ill miss booze and sudafed most of all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Coffee, diet coke, and wine. Although diet coke is the only one my OB is big on giving up 100% - I'll start drinking a cup of coffee a day and the occasional small glass of wine once 2nd Tri hits.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I will miss my rare steak, and my occassional drink with dinner out with DH. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    Guephy said:
    Wine is definitely hard to let go. I must say the morning coffee too... I know we can have two cups a day, but I decided to cut it all.
    I cut out all coffee too. I know you can still have 200 mg, but I just thought it would be good for me.

• Options
    ebie79 said:
    Drgn30 said:

You don't have to give up all allergy meds especially if you were taking them before you got pregnant. My doctor has a list of several ones that are listed as "safe during pregnancy as long as they are taken properly." Here's whay my doc lists on her website for prenatal meds, but your doctor might be different. I would ask.

Allergies
    •    Allegra-D®
    •    Benadryl®
    •    Claritin®
    •    Flonase®
    •    Nasocort®
    •    Tavist®
    •    Rhinocort Aqua®
    •    Zyrtec®

Claritan D is the only thing that works for my sinus headaches.  I need pseudoephedrine!

brand new cuterus
    = BFP!

• Options
    Junk food
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• Options
    I really miss diet coke!! What are some ideas for non caffeinated drinks?
  • Options
    Drgn30 said:
    I took ambien while pregnant with DD. My OB is the one who gave it to me. I wasn't sleeping AT ALL until he did. Definitely ask if you need it. I don't have the insomnia problem this time around. Lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    Diet Coke! I still drink in moderation, but cut back a lot. Luckily (well not really) I was recently diagnosed with gastritis so I'd already cut back so it's much easier this time around.

• Options
    I'm learning so much!  Maybe my favorite things are not off limits after all  :)

brand new cuterus
    = BFP!

• Options
    Wine! I'm not a big drinker but I enjoy a glass of wine a couple times a month. I choose to cut it out entirely while pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ajduke18 said:
    Hansens makes a good diet cola that tastes similar and is caffeine free!
  • Options
    hcorcoran said:

ajduke18 said:

Hansens makes a good diet cola that tastes similar and is caffeine free!

I really like LaCroix - no cola flavor, but it definitely scratches the carbonated beverage itch and it's all natural.

DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    I miss my wine! And now am missing seeing my friends as often because my 3 best girlfriends are all childless and get together every weekend for cocktails in someone's yard. I haven't told them about the pregnancy yet but they will figure it out soon when I say I'm just having water!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wine!!!! I love a nice glass in the evenings and when out to dinner :( boo

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ajduke18 said:
    I developed a taste for lacroix my last pregnancy, which is like lightly flavored carbonated water. So good and doesn't have anything, it's basically just water. It's sort of expensive though. Anyone have one of those carbonated drink makers? Maybe it's worth investing in...

• Options
    Allergy meds (I haven't been to the doc yet to get a thumbs up for Flonase) & an occasional cigar. I love cigar bars!
  • Options
    I'm so happy my favorite sushi roll is fried...nomnomnom
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton

• Options
    To be honest I don't really give up anything, just modify it, some to a greater extent than others
    imageimageimage

Formerly dlsexton

• Options
    ajduke18 said:

I just opted for caffeine free dr.pepper I like dark sodas so sprite and Sierra mist just wouldn't do it for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"