Pregnant after a Loss

hard time eating

so this lo is determined to not let me eat healthy.... any veggies i have tried to eat for the last week have made me feel like crap... i am really hoping this passes because i love my fruits and veggies... anyone else having issues eating healthy?

M/C found 2/27/13-- D & C 3/6/13

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hard time eating

• I am mobile and can't see how far along you are, but this did happen to me in the beginning. My doctor told me not to stress, to eat whatever stayed down and to start eating healthier as soon as I could tolerate it. As long as you're on vitamins, it should be just fine.

• I was so nauseated throughout first tri that almost all I could eat was simple carbs--bread, rice, lots of mashed potatoes, etc. Once I hit second trimester, almost all I wanted to eat was fruits and veggies. Even now, my biggest cravings have been strawberries, watermelon, and salad. 

Remember that first trimester, you're basically eating for survival. The baby will take what nutrients it needs, so just remember to take your prenatal and you'll be fine. 
    TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally understand your concerns!! I am on mobile so i cant see how far along you are. I was really sick the first two trimesters and could barely eat. I lived on Icees, potatoes, cream of wheat, cold cereal and milk once things got a little better around 20 weeks. I could also eat apples. I eventually added a little more fruit, and some vegetables. But- I couldn't eat a lot of veggies without getting sick.

My doctor kept reassuring me that the baby would take what it needs, and the most important was to have eaten healthy prior to getting pregnant.

AND he was right!! I delivered a 9.5 pounder tonight! He's perfectly healthy!!

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have almost been allergic to fruits with this pregnancy.  It's so bizarre coming from someone who enjoys healthy foods.
  • pkarenpkaren member
     I agree with PP, first tri is all about survival eating! My DH is gluten intolerant, which we only discovered last Sept. So I gave up wheat too, in support, so I hadn't eaten it for 3 months before I got PG. Then during first tri, I had major aversions to eggs and meat, so all I ate was simple carbs like toast and cereal! Just eat whatever you can at this point, anything is better than nothing. It will pass soon enough!
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"