May 2013 Moms
Options

So annoyed: birth control

I had a dvt 4 yrs ago as a result of an accident on my honeymoon. It cleared up in 3 mos and I underwent all the genetic testing. Everything came back normal with no genetic predisposition to clots.

I now want to get mirena. My OB mentioned I should talk to the hematologist and make sure it's OK. I've called and the dr is on vacation. The nurse practitioner said no. I was told if I want an explanation I have to come in. I now live over 2 hrs away.

I'm so frustrated. I want the iud to give DH and I a year to see if we want another baby. Right now he says no and I'm hoping we can revisit next year. If I can't get it, DH will get a vasectomy and then it's def off the table.

I want to cry. I'm waiting till next week to see if the dr will do a phone consult.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2:
March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

Re: So annoyed: birth control

• Options
    Is a non-hormonal IUD like paraguard an option?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    snowgirl427snowgirl427 member
    edited July 2013
    I think it is but it seems like there are some significant side effects... I'm not sure till I talk to dr.

TTC #2:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if its different but skyla is a new IUD thats good for 3 years and it has different side effects then the mirena. Just a thought
  • Options
    The NP called me today to discuss. I went through my history and that I want mirena for only 9 mos (long story). She says "oh, they told me you wanted the pill" even though I told them 15 times it was mirena. NP says she thinks mirena is the perfect choice for me. She will verify with the dr but I feel much better!

TTC #2:

• Options
    My clotting factor is slighty low (but i dont have a disorder or anything) and I just got my mirena put in yesterday. My ob actually told me its better for blood issues to do the IUD instead of the pill.
  • Options
    snowgirl427snowgirl427 member
    edited August 2013
    Nora1985 said:

My clotting factor is slighty low (but i dont have a disorder or anything) and I just got my mirena put in yesterday. My ob actually told me its better for blood issues to do the IUD instead of the pill.

Yes. The pill is usually the big no no. That's why I was so perplexed with then saying no to mirena. Turns out the nurse told them I wanted the pill which I didn't. I think it's all straightened out. Hope you start feeling better!

TTC #2:

• Options
    Strange that the NP said no. I have a blood clotting disorder (was on Lovenox throughout my pregnancy) and Mirena is an option for me because it doesn't have estrogen..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The NP finally called me directly and gave the OK for Mirena. Thank goodness!

TTC #2:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"