1st Trimester
Options

Food Aversion Debacle

So I have recently developed a major food aversion to…ugh I don't even want to type the word…pizza. UGH! Seriously! Even looking at the word makes me dry-heave.

Anywho…Every Wednesday I lead a bible study to high school kids. And each time we meet we always make..that food. I was unable to go last week because of extreme nausea. I've been feeling better and not so nauseous lately…unless I'm around, or even TALK about..the "p" word. 

None of my kids know I'm pregnant yet, I'm only 7 weeks 5 days. But I honestly won't be able to stomach being around that food. How do I go tomorrow and not over-react or make a big deal of that food being around? I'm not sure not having it is an option. It's kind of a tradition, and they'll know something is up if we all of a sudden decide not to make one. 

I know this doesn't sound like a huge dilemma, but I could really use some advice! 

Thanks ladies! 

Re: Food Aversion Debacle

• Options
    Are you the one who provides the food? If so,bring something else and say you thought it would be fun to try something different. If not, could you just tell the person who is in charge of food? 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm thinking of asking the head leader if we could just change it or skip it this week. But I also don't want to be overdramatic or anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"