September 2012 Moms
Options

Trip to Las Vegas

DH and I will be taking a trip to Vegas the first week of December. I am going for work and he is tagging along. We are going to add an extra day or two to rent a car and take off somewhere to relax. The question is... should we go to the Grand Canyon or go to LA? They are equal driving distance from Las Vegas. We would get a hotel/B&B if we go to the Grand Canyon or we would be staying with his aunt in LA and doing a lot of touristy type things. Help! I've never ventured out of the south.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trip to Las Vegas

• Options
    miss50miss50 member
    Honey, just stay in Vegas!  The drive isn't worth it for the short amount of time.  I would totally say Grand Canyon, but that is a really long drive.  REALLY LONG!  Check out Lake Mead or something that isn't as far. 

That's just my two cents.

• Options
    The Hoover Dam is really close and pretty cool. I think the Grand Canyon is worth the drive.

I hate LA so this is a very biased opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd stay in Vegas, too! Even if you don't want to gamble, there's a lot cool things to see. Vegas is awesome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    danabsddanabsd member
    edited July 2013

Honestly? Stay in Vegas!

1.  The drive to LA in December is going to be terrible.  It snows in-between those places in the winter.  LA/Vegas-San Diego/Vegas are similar drives and I quit doing it all together.  If you really want to go to LA, forget the car.  You can fly for $80 roundtrip on Southwest and it's a ~45 minute flight.

2. There is so so so much to do in Vegas especially if you have never been. :)

Oh, and I have never been to the Grand Canyon...someone else can weigh the pros/cons there.

• Options
    I lived in LV for a short time. I'd have to agree with PP...stay in Vegas! It's tempting to try to fit in other small trips, since, you know, when will you be out that way again? But the last thing I'd want to do on vacation is a bunch of extra driving. Vegas has some nice national parks if you get sick of the city scene. We hiked Red Rock and Valley of Fire all the time...I'd highly recommend both. If you're not into hiking, they have nice driving routes and the scenery truly is beautiful!
  • Options
    I went with DH on a business trip while pregnant, I would recommend staying there as well.  Relax at a nice hotel and have some drinks!

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
  • Options
    I lived in Vegas for 5 years and I agree, stay there.  There is so much to do there and near by (Lake Mead, Red Rock, Mount Charleston, etc) if you want to venture off strip.  If you REALLY want to squeeze in another trip, do the Grand Canyon.  Yes, LA may be the same distance according to mapquest, but the traffic there is horrible ALL.THE.TIME.  I have friends who live in LA and every time I would visit them I would get stuck in some random ass traffic that would add 2 hours to my drive.  DON'T DO IT!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the information! This was really helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"