Preemies
Options

Anyone have crazy dreams while in the NICU?

I've had a few strange ones but last night's dream was really intense. I dreamt that Griffin was moved from his private room and into this massive warehouse type of place where all of the babies were in these cages stacked on top of each other. He was on the top one crying and it was so high that I couldn't reach him or see him. I frantically begged the nurses to move him back to where he was because there was no way this could be good for his development and we had come so far. I was crying and screaming at them to do something. When I woke up my heart was racing and I kept having to tell myself that it was only a dream - it really freaked me out.
Hoping this one stays put a little longer
BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Anyone have crazy dreams while in the NICU?

• Options
    KittenD said:

I had dreams like that all the time. It's a helplessness thing I am sure. Sorry, I know they're troubling.

Just glad I'm not the only one... Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    The week before DD came home I jumped out of bed one night and raced over to her crib looking for her. When she wasn't there I went into the living room and searched the pack n play. My DH was watching TV on the couch and just as I found myself checking to see if he was holding her I realized she was still in the NICU. It was kid of a sleepwalking situation!

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like a pretty good stress dream. Those are awful. I was the reverse. I typically have very vivid life like dreams where I remember ever detail. I did not dream while dd was in the NICU. I don't remember when I started again, but it was months after she came home.
  • Options

KTZ17 said:
    The week before DD came home I jumped out of bed one night and raced over to her crib looking for her. When she wasn't there I went into the living room and searched the pack n play. My DH was watching TV on the couch and just as I found myself checking to see if he was holding her I realized she was still in the NICU. It was kid of a sleepwalking situation!
    I've had several dreams just like this. Almost every night until both my girls were home.

• Options
    Thanks for the comments ladies.
    @cst2cstbride - I wish I could have dreamless nights. Last night's had me in a car literally spinning out if control and I couldn't stop it...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @curlingrocks - yikes! That sounds awful. Thank you for your reply and counseling is definitely something I've thought about - definitely a lot of emotions that aren't easy to deal with!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes, unfortunately.  For me it was just an overload of emotion that took hold in my subconscious.  I've had quite a few NICU dreams since my LO has been home, too.  He's 14 weeks (8 adjusted) and has been home since 3 weeks old.  Apparently the emotional scars still remain.  Hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"