Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Activities for 3-4 Month Olds

I am a SAHM with our 3.5 old daughter.  I feel like we do the same things all the time and that she is probably getting bored (maybe not).  I'm looking for new, fun things to do with her to help her development and keep things fun for her.  Right now we read books, do tummy time, go for walks, practice holding/grabbing toys, dance, chill in the bumbo, play on the activity mat, do situps, sing.  Any other clever ideas your LOs like?

Re: Activities for 3-4 Month Olds

• Options
    I think you're doing all you can with a baby that young. Just add things as she learns new skills or practice for the next set of milestones. I know it seems like they are bored, but they are limited. Just talk to her and give things she sees names.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I think with children this young, some repetition is fine. I have shown my LO Freddie the Firefly so many times, but each time she plays with it, she's still fascinated. I think as they develop, they notice new things and are able to do new things with the same toy. I find the website babycentre.com helpful. They have a section where they talk about babies week by week, what to be expecting developmentally, and they give a couple game suggestions you can play each week. It's giving me some unique ideas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that's literally all we do. She has like 10 toys that I rotate every few days, but that's it.  Tummy mat time, singing time, practice singing, looking at pictures and talking about them, lots of walks and errands with mom-that's about it! We have "conversations" where I just imitate the sounds she makes-that's her favorite!
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"