Ohio Babies

Mount Carmel East or St.Anns?

RavenC92RavenC92 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
I delivered at mount Carmel east with my son 3 years ago. I know st.ann's is affiliated with mount Carmel but I just want some opinions on which hospital you ladies think is better. I'm thinking about giving st.ann's a try. Anyone had any bad experiences with them?

Best Answer

Re: Mount Carmel East or St.Anns?

• jbatchjbatch member
    I haven't used either but I've heard good things about St Ann's.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My sister had both her babies at St. Ann's. 
  • I delivered at St. Ann's and had a great experience!  My husband and I were very serious about having a natural birth, and that hospital was so supportive.  They had laboring tubs and showers, and supportive staff who let you do just about anything you want to make yourself comfortable.  For instance, I wore my own clothing instead of a hospital gown.  I've heard horror stories about hospitals that are pushy with moms who want to birth a certain way, but definitely didn't experience that at St. Ann's.  They tried to accomodate all of our wishes.  Also, my DS slept in my room, but whenever the nurses had to take him for a test or something, they let DH tag along, which was reassuring. 

I really can't say enough about this hospital.  My only pet peeve was that some nurses were very pushy when it came to nursing.  We had trouble getting DS to latch, and a few nurses actually made me feel bad, as if I wasn't giving him enough to eat, while the other nurses were great.  I imagine that, while part of that is a policy thing (making sure moms are attempting feeds regularly), it's also a personality thing, so I might've experienced that anywhere.

HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I had my girl at Mount Carmel East. I really loved it, it was a great experience.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Both are great hospitals for having baby's, and of course there are people with great and horrible experiences at both. If no one admitted to having a bad experience, you either haven't asked the right people or someones lying:) Mt Carmel is traditionally an all around hospital, while St Ann's is more or a "birthing hospital". For a long time St Ann's was only womens health, which is why a lot of women choose there still to have baby's.

My advice would be to tour the maternity wards of all hospitals you are considering and see which one feels most like the experience you would like to have..

Also, make sure your OB has privileges at whichever hospital you choose:)
  • I have had multiple friends deliver at St Ann's and just love it.  I don't like the hospital for anything else, but I am planning on having my baby there.  
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"