December 2012 Moms
Options

Do you believe in ghosts?

I got to thinking about this from the what scares you thread. I absolutely do. There have been too many things in my life that cannot be explained. I don't tell people IRL unless I know them really well because I know how crazy it sounds but a few things especially convinced me. 

1. When my oldest daughter was about 6,we had all went to bed and in the middle of the night I suddenly woke up. My room was dark but on my exH's side of the bed there was a very tall figure standing there. I sat up,tried to focus and it was gone. I figured it was a dream and went back to sleep. The next morning my DD asked who the tall man was walking down our hallway. I hadn't mentioned to anyone what I saw so the fact that she saw it too freaked me the F out.

2. When we first moved into our last house I was putting my then 3 year old daughter to bed. I could swear I heard crying coming from her closet,I looked,nothing there. Noise stopped. The next morning my DD told me she liked the little boy who was in her room. He was sad,but he was nice.

3.) When my DD was a baby (about Connor's age) she had the Fisher Price Aquarium toy. This toy takes batteries. The batteries had died so I took them out,threw them away and made a mental note to buy more. The toy was on my dresser in my room,my ex and I woke in the middle of the night to the stupid thing lighting up and playing music,I asked if he replaced the batteries,he said no,I looked and there weren't any batteries in this toy. I made him throw it in the dumpster that very minute. Connor will never ever have this toy. I have other things that happened but these 3 really bothered me.

So, yep,I believe. Anyone else have any weird things they can't explain?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

• Options
    myskyegirlmyskyegirl member
    edited July 2013
    I completely believe.  There are too many things in this world that can't be explained.

1. I was extremely close to my grandmother and I was there when she slipped into her coma after her by-pass surgery and when she died a few weeks later I woke up crying before the phone even rang.

2.  I saw her on the day of the funeral and was was saying goodbye.

3. I've been woken up 3x now, twice in an apt we lived in before where we are now, and once at our current place by someone/something placing their hand on my shoulder.  Both times I was in a dead sleep and the first two times I was alone in the bedroom and the third time lo was asleep in her bed.   Another time I was woken when I heard my name quite clearly being called by my husband, I bolted up and he was dead asleep on the couch.  

4. A few weeks ago I was in bed watching tv and the bed started shaking.  I thought it must be the wind outside, but, the tree outside the window wasn't moving at all.  
  • Options
    I don't. But I also don't have explanations for weird happenings.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had the bed shaking thing too. It feels almost like the bed is vibrating. Not a fan.

imageimage

• Options
    amberdb72 said:
    I've had the bed shaking thing too. It feels almost like the bed is vibrating. Not a fan.
    I just said out loud.  I don't know who you are, but STOP shaking my bed and it stopped.  

I have a friend that "talks to dead people", she emailed me last week and told me that I have an earthbound spirit in the house, it's not there to hurt us or be a problem, but, she gave me a prayer to send out if I wanted to the spirit to go away.  
  • Options
    Oh yeah.
    I don't even know where to start.
    1. When DS was like 3ish he used to tell me that the black swirly water above his bed was bad and it scared him, but the glowing man in the corner protected him. Even now he tells me he's seen ghosts. He told me a few months ago he used to see one in DDs room.

2. My mom refuses to sleep upstairs in my house. A few years ago she had lung cancer and I took care of her. One night she heard me coming up the stairs, walk down the hall and then stop outside her door ( we used to use DDs room as a guest room). She called my name, then got up and no one was there.

3. I feel nudges on my feet and legs at night, several times a week. When I'm home alone in bed I hear banging, like the doors downstairs being slammed.

4. One night I was laying in bed, I wear a sleep mask, when a female voice said "Jen!" Right in my ear. I didn't move or remove my eye mask for a very long time.

5. When DD was a nb she was sleeping in my bed. Over the monitor DS and I heard a voice make a noise you'd make to scare someone, like if you jumped out from behind a corner to scare your friend. Immediately DD started screaming, like blood curdling scream. I ran up there and it took a while to calm her. I yelled at the ghost and threatened to get some sage.

That's all for now, I have loads more though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Your story is why monitors scare me. I am TERRIFIED I will hear something bad on it. Connor is moving out of my room and into his own this weekend as our spare bedroom will finally be empty and I am getting a monitor JIC he wakes in the middle of the night. I really hope I don't hear anything :(

imageimage

• Options
    @minervacullen I inboxed you.
  • Options
    This sounds dirty.

imageimage

• Options
    amberdb72 said:
    This sounds dirty.

• Options
    amberdb72 said:
    This sounds dirty.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    ExcitedAunt2bExcitedAunt2b member
    edited July 2013

Absolutly!  I don't talk about it here but I lost a baby in 2006. He was born with a heart defect and passed away just under 2 months old, and both of my maternal grandparents have passed also.  There are times that Morgan will be playing on the floor and all of a sudden she'll stop, stare at something in the other room and start laughing and clapping her hands like she's seeing something funny. 

We have our monitor hooked up in the room and every once in a while I'll hear whispering and it's only me home with her.  I totally believe it's my son and/or Grandparents with her. 

There is a closet door upstairs that will not stay closed!  No matter what, I have put everything from dirty clothes (don't judge  :P ) to a box against it and it always gets opened.  That freaks me out!!

I would love to have someone come to my house to try to communicate with whoever.....whatever is there.  I just want to make sure my baby won't be hurt by it. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options

Absolutly!  I don't talk about it here but I lost a baby in 2006. He was born with a heart defect and passed away just under 2 months old, and both of my maternal grandparents have passed also.  There are times that Morgan will be playing on the floor and all of a sudden she'll stop, stare at something in the other room and start laughing and clapping her hands like she's seeing something funny. 

We have our monitor hooked up in the room and every once in a while I'll hear whispering and it's only me home with her.  I totally believe it's my son and/or Grandparents with her. 

There is a closet door upstairs that will not stay closed!  No matter what, I have put everything from dirty clothes (don't judge  :P ) to a box against it and it always gets opened.  That freaks me out!!

I would love to have someone come to my house to try to communicate with whoever.....whatever is there.  I just want to make sure my baby won't
    be hurt by it. 

The top part about the whispering just gave me chills. I'm sorry about your loss.

I don't believe in ghosts. I don't really know what to think of some things though. I remember when I was little, my brother and I shared a bedroom and I would still this little grimlin like thing floating up in the corner of the room. It scared the hell out of me and I saw it a lot. Another time when I was little my family was having a block party or something? I can't remember. But it was dark out and there was a park down the street. I remember hearing someone with a deep voice calling my name. It sounded like it was coming over a speaker phone. I kept asking my dad and step mom and some of the other kids but no one else heard it.

I sold a house to a woman who's little boy saw things. He kept asking her who the tall man in the hat was. He was 3 then and 5 now. Creepy
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    I certainly believe in them. I have never seen one but in my old house we had three kids that plenty if people would see. All the people that would see them had no connection to each other so I figured they all couldn't be seeing the same thing and be crazy, so it must have been true. I have so many stories, the only thing I have personally witnessed was a white orb floating on dd video monitor, freaked me n hubby out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't necessarily believe in ghosts in the way of dead people haunting or coming back, but I do believe in the supernatural. No scary stories here, but I do have a few angel stories. An angel woke my mom up when she was a teenager. My grandpa was the pastor of a church and they had an evangelist visiting who saw the angel walk out of my mom's room. She already knew what it was, but everybody probably would have thought she was crazy if the evangelist hadn't seen it too. 

Then one time my grandfather had an angel sit in the passenger side of his car during a long trip home. And a couple years ago some friends and I stayed up until 5ish in the morning talking about God and you could definitely feel a strong presence of peace in the room. While we were talking, something really hot touched my back and my back was facing the wall; definitely no one or nothing behind me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    elvinnoe said:

I don't necessarily believe in ghosts in the way of dead people haunting or coming back, but I do believe in the supernatural. No scary stories here, but I do have a few angel stories. An angel woke my mom up when she was a teenager. My grandpa was the pastor of a church and they had an evangelist visiting who saw the angel walk out of my mom's room. She already knew what it was, but everybody probably would have thought she was crazy if the evangelist hadn't seen it too. 

Then one time my grandfather had an angel sit in the passenger side of his car during a long trip home. And a couple years ago some friends and I stayed up until 5ish in the morning talking about God and you could definitely feel a strong presence of peace in the room. While we were talking, something really hot touched my back and my back was facing the wall; definitely no one or nothing behind me. 

I'm convinced the glowing guy my son saw is an angel keeping him safe.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Fullcircle06Fullcircle06 member
    edited July 2013
    I do believe, however, I don't have any personal experiences with this. Also, this thread gave me goosebumpss.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I do believe, however, I don't have any personal experiences with this. Also, this thread gave me goosebumpss.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @ExcitedAunt2b,I'm so very sorry for you loss and I apologize if this thread has upset you or anyone else. 

imageimage

• Options

Love love love Dean. I think I remember that episode. :)

DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    Totally believe in ghosts but have never had a personal experience. :-( It is almost cemetery walking season though. It is my absolute favorite thing to do in the fall. 
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
  • Options
    I have always believed but having kids has brought it to a whole other undeniable level. Here are a couple examples.

1. My SIL was killed in a drunk driving accident when DS was 11mos. When DS was around 2 he described to me exactly what happened to Auntie Sie and obviously no one living had ever told him. He knew details like the kind of car that crashed into her, that it was a man driving, he knew which side of the head was injured which is ultimately what she died from a week later. When asked if she had short or long hair he told me short like a boy and it was red. He had only seen pics of her with long hair but her head was shaved at her time of death due to the brain injury. And well her hair was bloody so it was red. All of this blew my mind.

2. When talking about one of DS's great grandfathers in heaven he asked is that the papa that wears his pants up on his stomach? That was exactly how he wore his pants and he died 10years before DS was born so he never met him and had never seen a pic.

3. On the anniversary of my grandfathers passing DD was staring at the ceiling smiling and giggling at "nothing".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    @amberdb72, thank you but it hasn't upset me at all!  I still think of him every day and miss him but I believe he's with me and that helps so much!!  I also know that he's the one playing with Morgan. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"