December 2013 Moms
Options

Back Pains

I am still experiencing back pains. My doctor told me to purchase a maternity support belt. So I bought one last week and my back is still hurting. Is this normal??! and is there another way to ease the back pain? I plan on returning the support belt today!

Re: Back Pains

• Options
    You could see if a chiropractor and/or accupuncture helps at all.  Chiropractors can work wonders for an expecting mom's pain. Not everyone finds relief this way but worth checking into if the pain is bad.

My 2 December boys

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jmb527jmb527 member
  • Options
    KateMW said:

Ease your back pain by not being a pain in the ass around here.

Thanks Kate, good advice!
  • Options
    Do you use a maternity pillow, or at least one between your knees at night?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • Options
    northport6northport6 member
    edited July 2013
    How mobile are you?  I haven't experienced much back pain, but a friend of mine had terrible back pain in the beginning of her second trimester and the only time it seemed to get better was when she made time for regular walking in the evenings.  Just around the block a couple of times or something like that, nothing strenuous, but it helped to stretch out her legs and, in turn her back.  If you're able to be mobile, if you have time, maybe try some long walks.

ETA: second trimester; I mistakenly wrote first.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    MarieC78 said:

Yes! And it's still no help!
  • Options

When I was PG with DS, I had to make sure I had a pillow between my knees AND between my ankles. If I didn't it usually led to bad knee or hip pain rather than back pain, but since your hips are spreading it is just that much easier to have something slightly out of alignment.

If it is sciatica pain, I found prenatal massage helped the most for me.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    Jen4033 said:

When I was PG with DS, I had to make sure I had a pillow between my knees AND between my ankles. If I didn't it usually led to bad knee or hip pain rather than back pain, but since your hips are spreading it is just that much easier to have something slightly out of alignment.

If it is sciatica pain, I found prenatal massage helped the most for me.

Agreed! I have a long history of back problems, but recently it has been my hips that cause issues. Having a body pillow to support the knees and ankles helps. As does being careful about how I sit on the couch. If I sit wrong, the pain gets pretty intense.

My Dr did prescribe Tramidol for pain relief when necessary.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • Options
    I think I found the source of your back pain.

If you just work on removing that giant stick from its location, you should be okay.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"