October 2012 Moms
Options

For those of you who let LO sleep with you...

AMT1107AMT1107 member
edited July 2013 in October 2012 Moms

For those of you who let LO sleep in your bed with you:   When do you plan on kicking them out?   DS sleeps with us but no he is up 2-3 times a night for either a paci or a sip of bottle.  He never did this before and I think it’s because he is in bed with us; he knows he can get what he wants because we need sleep.  And he is starting to take up most of my side of the bed, so I get kicked and punched in my sleep :(   

We are thinking about starting sleep training this Friday night because we will have the weekend to rest, but I don’t even know where to begin. I can’t stand to listen to DS cry.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: For those of you who let LO sleep with you...

• Options
    we are starting to cut WAY back now. I am never going to draw a  hard line for snuggles but I'd say more often than not he stays in his crib all night now.

• Options
    nealblnealbl member
    DD1 still crawls into our bed sometime throughout the night. DD2 never sleeps in our bed anymore bc she sleeps terrible in our bed. As long as DH and I can start out the night with just the two of us in our bed I don't care how many kids end up in there with us throughout the night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is what happens to us... up until about a week ago, he would sleep about 6 hours straight in our bed and only 2 hour clips in his crib. It was just easier for us to put him in our bed so we could all get a restful night

Lately, he will fall asleep on me and then when we go to put him in his crib he wakes up. 

• Options
    @amt1107 does he go to bed when you do?

• Options
    @amt1107 does he go to bed when you do?

We go up to the bedroom about 10:30 - he won't sleep, he plays and rolls around the bed, so basically he eventually falls asleep in our bed.

• Options
    Naptime and bedtime both start with LO in our bed. We will lay with him in our bed until he falls asleep and then move him. Through the night it varies...some nights he will wake up less than 2 hours after he's gone to bed and we can put him back to sleep by patting his butt...other nights we bring him back in our bed and once he's asleep put him back. If he wakes in the middle of the night and we've been asleep, LO will stay in our bed so DH and I can sleep. However, lately LO has had some nights where he has slept all the way through the night! We aren't going to be too hard on this subject so if LO wants to sleep with us, so be it. I've tried sleep training with him, but he's stubborn and will cry as long as he needs to until I just stop trying. LO will get so upset that he's sweating so much so DH and I decided to not worry about it. When it comes time that he shouldn't be in our bed, then we will worry about it then.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    @amt1107 ahh, maybe start w bedtime there?
    I put E down at about 7 and he'll stay in there for probably 6-7 hours minimum. 
    maybe start there? 
    I'm no expert and everyone has their own schedules but almost every book I have ever read says earlier bed time is better for better sleep? I'm not judging, just that's the universal suggestion of every single sleep guide I've read. So maybe start w going to bed in crib and then take it from there?

• Options
    @amt1107 ahh, maybe start w bedtime there?
    I put E down at about 7 and he'll stay in there for probably 6-7 hours minimum. 
    maybe start there? 
    I'm no expert and everyone has their own schedules but almost every book I have ever read says earlier bed time is better for better sleep? I'm not judging, just that's the universal suggestion of every single sleep guide I've read. So maybe start w going to bed in crib and then take it from there?

Oh believe me I would love to put him to bed earlier but we don't get home from work and DS pick up until about 7:30, we give him a bath and a bottle and let him play a little, by the time we know it, it is 10PM.

Thanks for all the response, I dont' feel as bad about having him in the bed... a good sleep for all is the only thing that matters right now. A tired, cranky mommy is never a good thing :)

• Options
    I totally agree. The only reason I even got into the habit of his sleeping in bed with us is that it was the only way for all of us to get a good night's sleep. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"