Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleeping without a swaddle??

No problem ma!

Apparently my anxiety over unswaddling wasn't necessary because DD actually slept better unswaddled all weekend than she had been last week.  Tuesday-Thursday nights last week she started waking up around 2am.  I figured she was hungry or just wanted to play.  I knew we were going to unswaddle this weekend as we didn't have any plans that I needed good sleep for so if we had some bad nights it'd be ok.

Boy was I wrong!  DD slept about 9pm-5am then back down at 6am for another 2 hours Friday night/Saturday morning, 8pm-6am Saturday night and 7:30pm-5:45am Sunday night!  Last night was 8pm-5am.  I should've unswaddled weeks ago!  My next issue to tackle is putting her down drowsy but not completely asleep.  I'm guessing I'll have a harder time with that.

To all the mamas out there worried about unswaddling - don't!  DD will be 4 months old on Thursday and she tackled it like a pro.  I have also discovered that she likes to sleep on her side - she rolls onto her left side when I put her down, even though she's completely asleep.  I now think this is why she was waking up at 2 am all last week - she couldn't roll onto her side in the swaddle.

Re: Sleeping without a swaddle??

• Ours went much better than expected, too. He woke up a few times the first night (usually he wakes up once), but after that he was back to his usual self. Phew. He also likes sleeping on his side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"