June 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else not walking yet?

Tell me we aren't the only ones here! Jack still isn't walking. I'm a little worried because he moves to the toddler room at daycare the end of next month. He's the only one in his (infant) class now who isn't walking. He cruises well, but does so frequently on his toes. Maybe I'm just being impatient...
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else not walking yet?

• Options
    Will he walk holding your hands? This is the only way that DS would walk up until weekend before last. It was also the only thing he wanted to do all day long, so he got lots of practice. (Ow, my back!) Then he had an allergic reaction to peanut butter, so I had to give him some Benadryl. It wound him up like Red Bull, and he started trying to run around the living room on his own. Since then, he will walk on his own if he's in the mood...like to go sneak into the laundry room. Just be patient...it will happen! I have read that the longer it takes a baby to start walking on his own, the steadier he usually is by then.

• Options
    My DS took his first steps around 14 months and was fully walking by 15 months. I know its hard to be the last one. But don't worry it will happen soon enough!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is not walking yet. She walks holding hands. She stands up and pulls up on everything. She is trying to cruise. She is on the right path, so I am not concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Mine will only walk holding a hand or pushing anything he can.  I'm not worried yet.  No rush.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    APriceAPrice member
    We're not walking yet over here either. He stands up and walks along everything and pushes anything around that he can...kitchen chairs, his high chair, everything! He will walk holding our hands but as soon as we let his hands go (after we get out of his death grip) he stands there for a few seconds and slowly puts his butt back on the floor and crawls to whatever it is he wants. So you aren't alone!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't take this time for granted. I wanted my DD to walk so bad without holding our hands and now that she has been walking for a while now she refuses to hold our hand. When we make her she will literally throw herself down and start screaming (oh what fun). But I really miss walking with her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! He will walk with me holding his hands, but mostly on his tippy toes. As soon as he feels me loosening my grip to see if he will stand alone, he immediately sinks down to his hands and knees. I think he's afraid. He stands all the time, as long as he's holding something. He never has on his own. I know, once he finally starts walking, I'll probably wish he wasn't! LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is a tiptoe-er too!  She's ALWAYS on her toes.  She tries to run while holding our hands, and will stand alone, but only takes maybe one or two steps then sits down.  She cruises and crawls so fast I think she just is annoyed that it takes longer to walk somewhere :P
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    C isn't walking yet, either.  About a week ago, he finally decided he didn't mind walking by holding someone's hands, and he likes to cruise around the furniture, and push his walker thing (and anything else he can push - like his slide or boxes) around.  So I'm hopeful he'll walk on his own soon - either way, he gets around really well and is into everything, so I'm sure that'll be worse when he walks unassisted. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"