Special Needs
Options

Been MIA but back

I just wanted to say a hello again - due to appointments, work, therapies, mental/emotional avoidance due to a particular recent appointment, one parent, and wanting to feel "normal" I haven't been on here as much. Also DD turned 2 a few weeks back and had a language explosion leading to regression in some other things - and there you have my summer vacation.

DD is going to be followed by genetics (as am I and have been) now and is on a new med that I am all to familiar with - which is all a good thing, but also a bit grounding for me. Meaning I am most likely right about the root cause of mito - it's just which one to choose from! Continuing with OT and PT, though PT has been sick and I think we may be getting a new one due to this factor, and our first therapy, speech, is almost done for now. This came as a shock as she was our first therapist and really on with everything DD needed. Bittersweet I guess - but the language explosion has been fun to explore.

That's where we are and I will be responding more often as I can because I need a place like this where people get my DD and her behavior.

Re: Been MIA but back

• Options
    Hi! Glad you are back!

Yay for language explosion!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds like you have had a hard time of it, I am sorry.  I took about a year hiatus.  We just found out my son probably has a Mito condition. We are at the very beginning stage of it all though.  
    I hope things ease up for you a bit and very soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    twoasone1 said:
    Sounds like you have had a hard time of it, I am sorry.  I took about a year hiatus.  We just found out my son probably has a Mito condition. We are at the very beginning stage of it all though.  
    I hope things ease up for you a bit and very soon!

Thanks. The good thing is that all Mito is treated pretty much with the same regimen and then you just manage the other symptoms from mutation. I am medical so that was literally really easy for me to say, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"