2nd Trimester
Options

Bubble baths

I've found that baths have been very soothing to me lately. I also had some bath and body works bubble bath from awhile ago that has such a relaxing and calming scent. However now I have read that pregnant women shouldn't use bubble bath?! I have a couple times now and haven't gotten itchy or a rash or anything. Anyone else concerned about bubble baths? They have been so great for me to relax and I don't want to give them up. I like my bubbles. :)

Re: Bubble baths

• Options
    Ya I don't know about the "bubble" part but I am pretty sure the only concern about baths is the temperature of the water. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's what I knew of for sure...the temperature. But something about bubble bath or bath oils disrupting pHs. Oh well I'm gonna stick with my soothing bubbles unless my midwife say otherwise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you do it too much (the bubble part) you can get a yeast infection. But if you are sensible about it, no big deal.
  • Options
    Pregnancy makes you much more prone to yeast infections and uti. Just be aware of that and pay attention to signs for those and if they don't give you trouble, enjoy those bubbles!
  • Options
    My dr said as long as I take a bath 100 degrees or lower, should be fine. Over heating the baby is not recommended. (She wasn't concerned about bubbles or oils... But baths have helped out greatly with pain)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"