It's been awhile, but I'm back. I was on this board back in 2008 when my DH & I started IF Treatment. After about a year of tests and treatment, we decided to go on a break to pursue holistic treatment and get our lives back. The break lasted about 4 years, way longer than we anticipated, but we're healthier for it. In October of 2012, I had to go to the emergency room for hemorrhaging, and ended up having an emergency DNC and blood transfusion. Not 2 weeks before, we'd decided to go back to treatment, so we got one thing out of the way... Fresh start & ready to begin!
In March, we were finally able to start our first cycle after test cycles & a sonohystagram. That injectable IUI failed. We went straight into the next cycle, but moved on to IVF w/ICSI. We got 27 eggs, 23 mature & fertilized, 20 started developing, and on day 4 we had 14 still going. On Day 5, our scheduled transfer, we got the news that all the remaining embryos had arrested. There was no explanation, they just stopped. To top it off, I got OHSS.
In June, I went on Lupron, and we officially began IVF cycle #2 at the beginning of July. At retrieval, they got 15 eggs, but an additional 5 were unreachable because I had OHSS again and was too swollen. They used ICSI and were able to fertilize 13 eggs. On day 2 & 3 we had 11 embryos left. We did a day 3 transfer with 3 embryos, 2 6 Cell grade 1, 1 6 Cell grade 2. The remaining embryos were left to develop to hopefully get to the blastocyst stage. 3dp3dt, we got the call that all the remaining embryos arrested. Again. Nothing to freeze. 2 IVF cycles down, nothing left. The doctor that did our retrieval this cycle asked if there was any MFI, which to our knowledge, there wasn't. We thought that was the one thing we didn't have to worry about. He suggested that because of when our embryos stopped developing, it may be a sperm issue, not a an egg quality issue like our doctor thought. This is where I need your help... Has anyone else had this happen? Do you have any advice? Any questions that we should ask at our consultation next week? We're going to request an SCSA. DH had lead poisoning when he was about 3yrs old, but we were told that shouldn't have affected him since it was before his development.
I appreciate any help you can offer. It's great to know that there's a community out here with such supportive members. Thanks for reading and chat with you all soon!
TTTC with PCOS & MTHFR since '06 : Me - 30 DH - 31
Metformin 1500mg, 600mg CoQ10, 1 PNV, 2000iu Vit D, 81mg Aspirin, 2 Folic Acid per day
2008 - 3 Failed Clomid/IUI Cycles (50, 100, 150mg)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Injectable IUI w/ Gonal F = BFN
Break to pursue Holistic treatment
3/2013 - Injectable IUI with Gonal F, Ganirelex, Endometrin, HCG Trigger = BFN
5/2013 - IVF #1 = Gonal F, Ganirelex, Menopur, HCG Trigger = BFN
27R, 24M/F, 20 on D3, 14 on D4, 0 on D5
Developed OHSS, RX Cabergolene, No Transfer
7/2013 - IVF #2 = Gonal F, Lupron, Menopur, Endometrin, HCG Trigger = BFN
15R, 5 Unreachable, 13M/F, 11 on D2, 11 on D3
3DT, 3Emb: 2 6 Cell grade 1, 1 6 Cell grade 2 - Remaining left to develop
D6, none left to freeze, all arrested.
SCSA Test Results Normal
2nd Opinion Consultation on 8-29 - Switching RE's
11/2013 - IVF #3 = Saizen Protocol, Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelex, Progesterone in Oil
15R, 10M/F, 6 on D1, 2 Blasts made it to D5 Freeze.
1/2014 - FET = Intralipid Infusion, Progesterone in Oil = BFN
Both Embryos survived thaw and both transfered
2/2014 - Consultation - Final Diagnosis is Poor Egg Quality - Recommended to move to Donor Egg
"Nothing good comes easily, sometimes you gotta fight..." - Amber, by 311