March 2013 Moms
Options

Cereal

For those of you that plan to give LO cereal, when do you plan to start? Will you give white rice, brown rice, or oatmeal?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cereal

• Options
    my dr gave me the ok to start cereal.  He said to start with rice cereal and then in a few weeks I can do oatmeal.  I am currently giving it to her at night before bed to help her sleep.  He said it should help her start to sleep through the night.  I started this week.  She took really well to it and it seems to be helping

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I am using rice cereal to check for the tongue thrust.  Once I have determined his tongue isn't just pushing the food back out then we will decide how to proceed with introducing solids.  Obviously, if he doesn't lose it by 6 months then I will be discussing it with the OT and ped.

Since I cloth diaper, I have to admit I'm not in a rush to intro solids.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll probably wait til 6 months, but plan to talk about it with the doctor tomorrow.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options

We're waiting until 6 months to introduce solids, although our pedi recommended trying cereal as soon as... right now.  I don't think DS is ready, and I don't plan on starting with cereals anyways. We'll go the vegetables and fruits first route.

When I was pregnant, we had already decided that we would do oatmeal, then straight to vegetables, at 6 months.

• Options
    I started DS with oatmeal since it has some nutritional value, he did fine with it.
  • Options
    We have started solids but shipped cereal. He'll be 5 months next week.

• Options
    We'll start solids at 6 months and skip cereal initially like we did with DS1. We did introduce oatmeal around 7 or 8 months, mostly because it was an easy meal to get fed at DCP.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! I've been trying to decide what route to take with DD and this helps!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We just started with Earth's Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal with Apples.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options
    We just started with oatmeal.dd loved it.
  • Options
    My son has had cereal in his bottle since 6 weeks old. It helped him sleep throughout the night. And he has hadreflux with the formula so cereal helps keep it down. Beginning of July we started with oatmeal and now he enjoys veggies and fruits. He only pushed the food back out for a couple days. He is a great eater. He is a hungry baby and you will know when baby is ready for food..they give great hunger cues.
  • Options
    We are skipping rice cereal because DS has had constipation problems in the past and I've heard that only binds more. We introduced oatmeal last night. He is always hungry after bottles and has been watching and grabbing when we eat. We only gave Only one or two bites because he didn't really know what to do. He is going to be five months in a little over a week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Consider something other than cereal. It's been scientifically proven that babies don't have the right enzyme to break down grains until after one year old. Try egg yolk, banana or avocado - all easily digestible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"