Health & Exercise
Options

Weekly Check-in!

Since I know last week we had a changing of the guard, so to speak, of who and how we start with a check-in for the week, I figured I could start it out this week. I won't be able to continue regularly, but it looks like if we see there isn't one on a Monday, we could all keep up with it when we can!

How is everyone doing with their fitness goals? Since nutrition is also important in the "health" portion of this board, feel free to include how you're doing overall with your intake and activity! Have a great week!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Check-in!

• Options
    I'm 34 weeks and 4 days and managed to run a great 4 miler today and I felt awesome! I started using a belly band last week and I'm so glad I did. Obviously my pace is much slower as the weeks near the end of my pregnancy, but this run was the best I've had in weeks! I also mowed the lawn today which added a significant amount of activity to my day, so I'm ready to put my feet up for a little while.

I'll hit the gym for four lifting days this week, each with a short warm-up on the elliptical to get my heart rate up a bit and warm-up my muscles. I'll have another run day and an additional cardio day which will probably be an elliptical day in my basement while I watch Friends. :)

I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would as I near 35 weeks! I hope everyone else is doing well this week and enjoying some outdoor activities!

• Options
    Wow, very impressive for being 34 weeks pregnant! I made it into our gym 5 nights & I am just about 1 or 2 lbs away from my goal. There is no way my activity level was even close to yours for the last two years while I was , so I have more toning up to do before I am comfortable. Nutrition wise, I ate very clean. We attended two birthday parties and I didn't even eat the pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, or cake. People probably think I don't eat, but I just eat before we go. Hope everyone has a great week!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When it comes to socializing at places where healthful options AREN'T an option, it can be tough! Nice work, @MrsMoJoRisin. I have heard that losing weight isn't as challenging as regaining muscle PP, so I'm hoping that I've maintained some muscle throughout this pregnancy. Good luck with toning and staying on track!

• Options
    ajbookajbook member
    Ran/walked a marathon relay on Saturday! Had a bit of a scare when I started getting cramps/contractions (?) around mile 7. Walked for about a mile and they left and never returned, thank God! Made it through all 13.1 miles of my half of the race and felt really good after and the next few days. Today I'm heading back out to run after two days off. I need to reevaluate my goals. I had been working for these half marathons every other month and now I have no more races scheduled. I will continue running with my cross country team as long as I can, but I'm already feeling the need to set my sights on a new goal. I'd hate to get away from such a good habit with just 7 weeks to go in this pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats on completing the race, @Ajboocher! I'm looking forward to hearing how the next 7 weeks go for you and how you adjust your goals/workouts. Stay well!

• Options
    Holy moly you pregnant ladies are doing great. I'm 14 weeks and am honestly using the pregnancy (and the two kids already at home) as an excuse to take it easy. Which I probably shouldn't. Last week I did a 3 mile run, a swim session and one long-hilly walk with a stroller. Same as the week before. So not great but not horrible either. Nutrition is ok but I have stopped using myfitnesspal since getting pregnant and it has been a bit too liberating. But having gained a total of about 4 pounds so far I think I'm ok.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KateVAKateVA member
    You guys are all doing so great! Very inspirational, hope I am still doing as well when I hit 3rd trimester

I'm 21 weeks now, and my week was pretty much my usual - 2 runs and 5 crossfit workouts. The heat is making everything hard, I have to take more breaks than I would like to because I am getting so hot.But fall will be here soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"