3rd Trimester
Options

TMI

I know this is tmi but I'm past my due date and for the last couple days I have been feeling like I need to urinate way more frequently then usual. Even after I go I feel like I still have to which I assumed was due to the baby being lower but with that I am having more discharge then usual but it's not as thick and it has a different odor to it...I have heard that even with a slow leak of amniotic fluid you would know but I am just wondering if that's what it can be even if I'm not feeling it come out all the time? I have a dr appointment coming up but since its after hours I just was wondering if anyone had maybe another explanation as to what it can be..I don't want to rush to l&d if its just cervical discharge..

Re: TMI

• Options
    It sounds like it might be a UTI to me, but I'm not a dr. Call the after hours line. Your doctor will be better able to tell you what's going on than any internet strangers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    If you are concerned it is best that you call your OB on this one.  But from my experience, I had thought my amniotic fluid was leaking when I was full term because I had a lot of discharge too. The nurses would tell me to lay on the couch for an hour and then stand up.  If I soaked a pad, then I needed to come in.  But it turned out I just had a lot of discharge, my AF wasn't leaking, and it was normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My little man is sitting super low and for the last few weeks the bladder pressure has gotten a lot more intense (just like you said I feel like I have to go again even if I just went).  I also started noticing a lot of excess wetness down there compared to before.  I called the nurse line and they advised me to go in to L&D to be seen right away.

They tested me for leaking amniotic fluid, it came back negative and she said my membrane still appeared in tact when she examined it.  She said that it's common for the discharge to increase in the third tri and that unless I'm feeling gushes I should be fine.  She also tested me for infection and didn't find anything.

It may not hurt to get checked at your next appointment if it is soon, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"