Late Term and Child Loss

Intro - Loss of Hope Olivia

I wanted to introduce myself to this board.  My name is Christie and my daughter, Hope Olivia, was born on July 26th at 18.5 weeks.  I started having contractions on 7/24, by the time I got to the ER I was fully dilated and Hope's sac was bulging.  On 7/26 at 12:54am I gave birth to Hope, she passed away on my chest with DH by my side.  We got to tell her how much she was loved.  She held onto my finger as she gasped and moved.  I am forever changed by her.  She will always be my first born and beloved daughter.

We are having her body cremated, then will take her back to DH's hometown to bury her in the family plot.  This has been the hardest thing ever.  The suddenness of it is overwhelming.  I have had 3 early miscarriages before Hope, but they were all before 6 weeks, so I never got attached.  I really thought Hope was going to be my take home baby.  Even though the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy with her were scary due to an SCH and heavy bleeding, we got through it, and the last 10 weeks were pure bliss.

I miss her so much.  But she gave me the most precious gift by making me her mommy.

I hope that I can join this board and make some friends who can bring comfort and I can bring comfort as well.

Christie

TTC#1 since June 2011. 3 early losses before 6 weeks. Hope Olivia born and went to heaven July 26, 2013.

Re: Intro - Loss of Hope Olivia

• Hope Olivia  is such a beautiful name - I am so sorry for your loss.  We're all here however you need us...  Prayers to you and your husband.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your baby girl, Hope Olivia.  You are in a great place for support, although I wish you did not have to be here.  So many ((hugs)).  I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Hope.  I hope that you find as much comfort in this board as I have.  Sorry to have to welcome new moms here.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am so so sorry for the loss of your sweet Daughter Hope Olivia! You are among friends we all know how you feel. Please come here for support as often as you like. Huge hugs!!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I am so very sorry for your loss of Hope Olivia. This board is full of wonderful women. You can use us as often or as little as needed. Please feel free to rant and rave, gush about your daughter, or whatever other feeling you may be experiencing at the time. We are here to support you as you need. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• I am so, so sorry for the loss of Hope Olivia.  We hate to welcome new moms here but we're so glad you found a place to get some support.  Be gentle with yourself over the next few weeks.  ((Big Hugs))

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• ***SIGGY WARNING***

I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your sweet Hope Olivia [i adore her name; it's beautiful]. It's always hard to see new faces around here, but I hope we can be a source of comfort and strength for you. Lean on us as much or as little as you need. Sending so many hugs your way.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  My son Daniel was born at 18w4d in what sounds like a very similar situation.  It sucks that any of us are here, but these women are great support.
    BabyFruit Ticker

danielparkerbell.tumblr.com
  • Amandager99, did they ever figure out why Daniel was born so early?  Was it incompetent cervix?  If so, how are you doing now with your current pregnancy (if that ticker in your siggy is correct)?

TTC#1 since June 2011. 3 early losses before 6 weeks. Hope Olivia born and went to heaven July 26, 2013.

• ***  TICKER WARNING ***

christie212 - I am so sorry, that ticker is not current :(  I haven't been able to access this board for almost a month now.  I had heard people had issues with their tickers, so I checked mine before I posted and it had the code for my memorial one.  Clearly that is not my memorial one.

Daniel was born early to an IC.  It's only been just over two months.  He was born and passed on 5/25

BabyFruit Ticker

danielparkerbell.tumblr.com
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter and that you find yourself here. This board has been so helpful and I hope it will be for you as well. ((((Hugs))))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• I am so sorry for your loss of Hope. Welcome to the club no one wants to be a part of ((hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• PerkyErkyPerkyErky member
    edited July 2013
    ***ticker warning/pregnancy mentioned***

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Hope Olivia. Your story sounds similar to mine, we lost Alice at 20w4d and it was determined it was due to an incompetent cervix.

I am pregnant now, 8 weeks and they will be monitoring my cervix very closely once I hit 14 weeks and I will most likely get a cerclage. My dr also said it doesn't always happen a second time, especially since I had no risk factors.

Again I am very very sorry for your loss. Welcome.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl. It saddens me to have to welcome you here but please know that you have come to an incredibly supportive place filled with those who really understand. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"