Adoption
Options

Weekly Check-In Adoption/Fostering - July 29

Okay, so I took the thoughts and advice that everyone had shared with me last week about our weekly check-ins.
We all want to know where you are in your adoption/fostering process BUT we also want to know more about YOU! So, our weekly check-ins are going to get a little more personal! Be as detailed as you want to be! 

Welcome to all of our newbies!

1. Are you fostering/adopting? Where are you in the process? Any achievements this week?

2. Tell us a few things about yourself…Family? Favorite things to do?  What are a few of your hopes and dreams for the near future? Be as open as you want!

3. QOTW: If you were forced to stand up and do a karaoke song, no matter what kind of fool you made of yourself, what song would you choose? Why? 

Began the Adoption process 4/2013
Home study Approved 12/2013
.... and the wait begins! 

Re: Weekly Check-In Adoption/Fostering - July 29

• Options

1. Are you fostering/adopting? Where are you in the process? Any achievements this week?
    We are in the process of DIA. We received all of our Home Study packet paperwork last week and I can say that we are 90% done! The husband is finishing up his self-study, we both have to do our medical releases (today I get to go to the Dr. yay), and the last thing would be our insurance verification. Other than that, we have to sign and date all of our papers and send it in! 

2.  Tell us a few things about yourself…Family? Favorite things to do?  What are a few of your hopes and dreams for the near future? Be as open as you want!

Family for me consists of the husband and myself and two large orange felines! The cats believe whole heartedly that they are our babies. Some of the goals that we have for the near future is to tear up our kitchen floor tile and replace it and then also update our kitchen counters! It's out thought that we will do these projects during our big long wait! 

3. QOTW: If you were forced to stand up and do a karaoke song, no matter what kind of fool you made of yourself, what song would you choose? Why? 

It would be Arethra Franklin - Respect - my childhood best friend bet me $100 once if I would sing this song at our high school graduation. I didn't follow through with the bet but always have loved that song and it makes me think of all the fun and ridiculous things we used to do as kids! 

• Options
    Keri MarieKeri Marie member
    edited July 2013

1. Are you fostering/adopting? Yes. We are still deciding this part

Where are you in the process? We are filling out the adoption application

Any achievements this week? We had our first information meeting and we are suprisingly more open to all the adoption/foster/infant/child situations than we thought.

2. Tell us a few things about yourself…Family? Married 11 years with two children and one Pug

Favorite things to do? As a family: boardgames and swimming. Just me: Genealogy, writing and talking about wine

What are a few of your hopes and dreams for the near future? To finish school, adopt, lose 25 more pounds and buy a larger home

3. QOTW: If you were forced to stand up and do a karaoke song, no matter what kind of fool you made of yourself, what song would you choose? Why? Guns and Roses, Sweet Child o' mine. because I know all the words and no one would expect it to be good.

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Adopting a toddler from China

Starting our home study

Nothing new this week... just working my tail off to get ready for our consignment sale fundraiser!

2. Tell us a few things about yourself…Family? Favorite things to do?  What are a few of your hopes and dreams for the near future?

Family — Married for 6 years to DH, one bio daughter who is 2, and a really adorable but annoying miniature pinscher

Favorite things — graphic design, field hockey, German-style board games (Settlers of Catan, Agricola, Puerto Rico, etc.), baking, playing with my little girl

Wild Wild West by Will Smith

It is possible that a crowd would be laughing hard enough at a white girl rapping that they might forgive the awesome awkwardness of it all.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Options

Adopting a child from Uganda, ages 0-3.  We are officially waiting to be matched!  I'm counting that as an achievement for a good long time. :)

2. Tell us a few things about yourself…Family? Favorite things to do?  What are a few of your hopes and dreams for the near future? Be as open as you want!

My husband and I are coming up on four years of marriage (yahoo!), and we have a naughty Fur Child named Prince Caspian (he's a five year old British Bombay cat).  I'm really close to my family--parents, grandparents, brother and his family, and I love it!

A few of my favorite things are...reading, writing, that business we call show (dance, theater, public speaking, singing--the studio families call me their Disney princess, especially when you throw in the cute animal sidekick), hiking, traveling.  My husband and I like to find the weirdest, most obscure places to eat when we travel.  We found this place called Duck Fat when we were in Maine, and it.was.weird/awesome/hipster.  In short, we love it.

Goals for the future...Honestly, I have plenty of goals for the future and things that I want to accomplish, but...I'm learning that life is made up of those sacred little, every day moments.  So I'm just learning to enjoy those. :)

Haaaa...I'm one of those people who LOVES karaoke!  I have different songs that I sing with different people though that most typically don't expect.  I have a DJ friend who sings and we do a hilariously scary dance to "Baby Got Back," I do "Sweet Caroline" or "Build Me Up, Buttercup" with friends, I do "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" with my friends who are 45+ (I love them), and whenever I have a guy friend who is feeling particularly brave we do a duet of "I've Got You, Babe."

Let's just say, I'm all about having fun and am not afraid to make a fool out of myself!  :)

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Options
    aligross said:

Okay, so I took the thoughts and advice that everyone had shared with me
    last week about our weekly check-ins.

We all want to know where you are in your adoption/fostering process BUT we
    also want to know more about YOU! So, our weekly check-ins are going to get a
    little more personal! Be as detailed as you want to be! 

Welcome to all of our newbies!

1. Are you fostering/adopting? Where are you in the process? DIA with an agency
    Any achievements this week? Finally scheduled our interviews and home visit today!

2. Tell us a few
    things about yourself…Family? Favorite things to do?  What are a few of your hopes and dreams for
    the near future? Be as open as you want! We love spending time with our three dogs and with our families, whenever we have a chance. We are also active in our church and love working out. We also like camping, but it is way too hot a lot of the time for us to go.

3. QOTW: If you were forced to stand up and do a karaoke song,
    no matter what kind of fool you made of yourself, what song would you choose? Why? Probably today I would say 'Love Somebody' by Maroon Five, because I've had it stuck in my head a lot lately.  

• Options

Hi everyone!  I am new to the board but excited to be jumping in!  I was previously licensed as a foster care provider (I was a foster care case manager at the time and got licensed due to a child at work).  I have not had a foster child in my home in over 3 years and in that time I got married, bought a new home and changed jobs.  We are currently doing an update to my original home study & getting my husband added to the license. So far our caseworker is pretty spacey and hard to get a hold of, so it is getting frustrating. We are planning to foster to adopt.  We have identified a child we are very interested in.

I am 33, DH is 31.  We have no children after TTC for 3 years, however I/we did raise my nephew from age 6-18.  He is leaving for college in 2 weeks, so I am becoming an empty-nester!  It is a strange feeling!  I am hopeful that DH & I are able to add to our family soon!  I feel like we have so much love to give and can't wait to share it with a child.  

Probably "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks.  It was always the song everyone sang along to when it got played at high school dances and such.  It brings back some great memories & I can probably still sing all of the words of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Domestic Infant Adoption. Baby was placed with us yesterday. Born on Sunday. But we're in a 30 day state--- so.....

Right this minute we've gone from a couple to a family of 3 with our new baby, and family of a lot more when we take into account all the new birth relatives, not to mention the baby's mom. Right now my hopes and dreams are that we make it through the 30 day period without revocation.  

Hmmm...something from Abba.Because people like to sing along.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    maryoosa said:

Domestic Infant Adoption. Baby was placed with us yesterday. Born on Sunday. But we're in a 30 day state--- so.....

Right this minute we've gone from a couple to a family of 3 with our new baby, and family of a lot more when we take into account all the new birth relatives, not to mention the baby's mom. Right now my hopes and dreams are that we make it through the 30 day period without revocation.  

Hmmm...something from Abba.Because people like to sing along.

@maryoosa - SO exciting but so scary too! Thoughts and prayers that the 30 days fly by!

• Options

Adopting through the State Foster Care System.  In Pride Classes and Finished Class number 3 this week :-).

I am 36 and DH is 38.  We have been infertile 4.5 years or so.  No kids but 1 great dog named Joe.  We like Baseball, Watching Movies and reading.  Hope and Dream of course adoption but also to just have fun and experience a great life together.

Landslide - I just love singing it and singing it loud.  Catchy tune!  I also like Sara Evans Bible Song.  I love to belt that one out also but man I can't sing good at all! :-)

Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Options
    daniandbridaniandbri member
    edited July 2013

After a foster that went home (Jan) we decided to hold off for some time, it was alittle too much for me to handle. In the mean time a surprise request for a relative adoption. We retained an attorney yesterday and hoping to get the papers signed by dad this week (after that I will feel like I will be able to breathe alittle). 

2. Tell us a few things about yourself…Family? Favorite things to do? What are a few of your hopes and dreams for the near future? Be as open as you want! 

I'm a mother to one miracle baby. My husband and I bought a new house in November and we spend much of our time working on home improvements and and turning this house into our home. I'm really crafty and I'm the handy one in the house. I love to build things and enjoy working around the house. My hopes of the near future is to make it through the next 5 months will no major road blocks and to bring home our Christmas baby :) thankfully we are not in a wait state so I'm just crossing my fingers and praying for the next few months to fly by. 

If I was forced to sign karaoke you would all be sorry :-p my singing sounds awesome in the shower, and the car with the radio blaring- but that's it. No where else. But I would probably sing "I like big butts"- so I could just be silly and have fun with it :) plus everyone knows all the words to that song (it's stuck in your head now isn't it???)

Blessed with 2 amazing little boys. One grew in my tummy and the other my heart.

06/30/10 my 1st son was born on my birthday. 
    TTC #2 since 05/2011 BFP- Feb 2012, EDD- 11/01/12, m/c- 03/05/12 @ 5w+4d 
    12/20/13 my 2nd son was born and placed in my arms.
    Surprise BFP- Nov 2014, EDD- 8/06/215, mc 12/24/2015 @ 8w+6d
    SURPRISE - BFP- 4/8/2105

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"