Pregnant after IF
Options

Failed GD test :(

I am so nauseous from the drink still and I was only 10 over! I have to go back next Monday for the 3 hours. What do y'all do to pass the time? Any tips?

I made DH come with me today bc with DS#1 I almost passed out in the waiting room bc I got hot and sweaty nauseous. He is too busy at work to come for 3 hours plus I did fine today. Which I knew meant I was going to fail it.

Pity party :(
TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16

Re: Failed GD test :(

• Options
    Ugh, you poor thing.  The same thing happened to me, although I felt fine for the 1 hr., and nearly passed out for the 3 hr, then had to repeat it. 

I can tell you that you might want to ask if they have a room with a table you can lie down on when you go back for your next test.  I didn't know it, but mine did, and I used that for the first 2 hours, until the worst was over.  Just tell them about your experiences with these tests, and I'm sure they'll let you do that if they have the proper accommodations.

FX that you pass the 3 hr.  I failed the 1 hr. by around the same margin and passed the 3 hr with flying colors (not even close to hitting the max number on any of the draws).  It's such a PITA, since so many people fail the 1 hr. and go on to pass the 3 hr.  But you do what you have to for your LO!
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am a MESS this afternoon. I should have eaten something when we left the office and didnt in the hussle to get DH home and off to work and feeding DS.

First I got Shakey and starving, so I ate lunch early, then I thought I might pass out from exhaustion and now I can't stay off the toilet. TMI horrible gas with pains and some almost loose poop! Sorry TMI!! I laid on the sofa while DS played and now that he is napping I might have to have one myself.

Do you know what they do different for the 3 hour test? Is it just fasting the night before and morning of? Please tell me I don't have to drink that juice 3 times!!
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's pretty similar to the 1 hr.  You do fast before the test.  You take a fasting blood draw, then drink  the glucose drink, which will have 100mg glucose, compared to 50mg for the 1hr.  After that they draw your blood at hourly intervals for 3 hours, so counting the fasting draw, it's a total of 4 blood draws, which kinda sucks because you're pretty much dehydrated, making it tougher to get the blood out your vein!

Definitely ask if they have a table/cot where you can lie down in case you feel faint.  It will benefit you both (I doubt they want to deal with a pt. passing out), and I'm sure if they have it, you can use.  Definitely bring a book or an ipad to pass the time!
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
  • Options
    ugh! double the dose?  I am going to die that day.  Am I a bit dramatic? yes.  I am a wimp when it comes to nausea.

I am pretty sure there is a room they can put me in, they always have extra exam rooms that are dark.  It's a big practice and I don't think they could ever use all the rooms. I definitely don't want to be in the main waiting room and the blood draw room is really small.  Good call on the book.  My IPAD doesn't have wifi :/ so my cell and old school book will have to do!  

I am still feeling rough.   its 4:30 and I drank the stuff at 8:30am....ugh!  
  • Options
    I didn't realize you do yours at the doctor's office.  I had to go to a lab to get mine drawn.  I'm sure a doctor's office will have extra space.  I'm not sure if you remember my story, but basically all my doctor's offices (primary, endocrinologist, OB, pediatrician) and lab for blood tests are in the same building.

During the first hour of my 3 hr test I went to my endo's office to ask a question and was told to go ahead and get my blood drawn to check my thyroid while I was there.  The phlebotomist couldn't get anything out of my vein, and I immediately felt light-headed after her attempt.  She suggested I stay for a few minutes, but it was almost time for my 1 hr. draw, so I tried to leave. 

I made it to the elevator and felt really bad, so I laid down on the bench (thank goodness they have them by the elevators), and she ended up following me out to check on me, and then got a bunch of nurses to check me out, since I was pregnant.  They took me back in the office and tried to continue my blood draws, but used the wrong vials, so I had to start from scratch a few days later, which was how I found out the lab had an extra room with an exam table for me to lie on.  Sure enough, I needed it the second time around, but was ok to sit in the waiting room for about the last hour when someone else was having a rough time and needed it.

It's more a PITA than anything, and if you're anything like me, you'll have no trouble passing it.  I failed the 1 hr. and passed the 3 hr during both pregnancies.  When do you go back to take the test?
  • Options
    I am going on Tuesday. Originally, Monday but my MIL can't watch DS bc FIL is having a procedure done. I hope he is feeling better on Tuesday and DS is good for them. I remembered you having a hard time with the test but not the specifics. UGH that sounded like so much funnnnnn. I am DREADING it! I wish I could have just stayed and they could draw more blood....seriously I would have fasted today if I knew it was a possible option. If I am ever PG again I am going to look into this. So now I am basically having to drive to my OBs office every week for 3 weeks....today, 3 hour test next week and I have started the 2 week visits now. My OB actually ordered an u/s for the 3rd visit. I think the apt is the 13th, a Tuesday. She is checking the bleed and overall baby size and fluid. Just keeping an extra eye on us. Thanks for the info on the test, I am thinking of calling my nurse to prepare them for my wimpy ness next week! She loves me, but I didnt have the energy today to call. (But I had the energy to work on the nursery hanging curtains and washing windows....) I am going crazy nesting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"