Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Help with bath time!

Hi Ladies,

I really need your help with bath time.  My DD used to love it but after I took her to swim class (which she hated) she hates it.  I feel so bad that I made her go to swim.  I thought she would get used to it and have fun but it never happened. 

Now when I give her a bath she cries from the moment she sees the tub until she is dressed again.  I have tried getting in with her, playing with toys, everything I can think of but nothing helps. 

Have any of you ever dealt with this?  Did anything help?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help with bath time!

• Did she have a bad experience with swim class? How does she do with showers?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • A friend of mine went on vacation with her 2 year old, and they only had a shower in their hotel room. He didn't like the shower, but she gave him some gentle soap and showed him how to wash his toys, I think like a car wash or something. Now he loves it and asks to do it.

• Loading the player...
  • ebalkitsebalkits member
    edited July 2013
    My daughter was terrified of the bathtub when we switched her from her baby bathtub to the real one.  It took about a week, but I first started taking a bath with her and having her sit on my lap and slowly inching her in.  I bought her new bath toys and the thing that worked the best for us was blowing bubbles in the tub (I think it distracted her) and also giving her a bubble bath.  We also did a lot of water play with her water table outside which was nice as she got more comfortable with water without having to be in it.  Now she likes her bath so much, she cries when we take her out...lol!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree is pp. maybe try and limit the water. We have a jacuzzi tub and when we need to do a fast bath I put her in the tub and turn on the retractable sprayer but keep the drain open. I essentially rinse her down, soap her up then rinse her off again and done. You just have to do them fast so she doesn't get cold.

My DD also hates to get out of the bath, I know the issue is a little different, but we blow bubbles to distract her and make her happy. Maybe try a distraction method?
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Thank you all so much.  I will try blowing bubbles, she loves them outside of the tub but I never thought to use them in the tub! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"