January 2013 Moms
Options

A little late to the CD party...

I have been thinking of trying CD's for a few weeks now. Well, I just placed an order for 10 Sunbaby pocket diapers. SOOOO excited!!! I went through a ton of old posts about CD's...you mama's are so awesome! I watched the CD 101 videos on youtube. I've been researching and looking all weekend. I found a co-op on Facebook that is placing an order soon. I read some good things about these diapers and they are very inexpensive ($55 for 10 dipes and inserts). I'm also going to order some prefolds to try while I wait for the Sunbaby's.

Here's a link to the co-op if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/354134478049068/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A little late to the CD party...

• Options
    Better late than never? I just started 2 months ago and it's fantastic. I have never heard of sunbabys but I will check it out.
  • Options
    More then half my stash is made of sunbabys, i love them :) I just started a few weeks ago too and i totally love it. Aside from the obvious money factor, we don't produce nearly as much trash, and come on.. They are adorable. Lol. Enjoy!

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! Welcome to the club! ;-) We've been in cloth for a little over a month now and I LUURVE it! So nice to not be throwing money away all day, lol.
  • Options
    I'm going to try it at night and over a few weekends at first. Then the challenge is convincing daycare to use them. My family is going to think I've gone nuts.  :))

• Options
    AshleyDehavenAshleyDehaven member
    edited July 2013
    My family was convinced that it wouldn't last past a week and that i was blowing a bunch of money lol. My stash is easily the best investment i have made since my son was born though. I bargain hunt, and have stuck to Sunbabys and Kawaii, i tried buying a couple used but decided i prefer new for us, resold my used to regain what i lost there, and now am looking into trying some fitteds. Suffice to say, i'm never going back. :)

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    :-bd

You have a lot of diapering left ahead of you.  Definitely not too late to start!
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats on switching! We love our cloth. DH and I both work full time and we CD full time. It's really not a big deal. And we love how much money we're saving!

I hope you like it as much as we do. It's never too late to start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are slowly converting mainly due to cost. Not sure how many dipes you ordered (only 10?). I have 10 right now, and it's barely enough for one day/night. But we'll keep building our stash. One thing I like to remind people is that you aren't supposed to put poopy diapers in the trash anyway. Poop is generally very plopable by the time babies start solids. Even when using sposies, you are supposed to flush the poop then throw away the diaper! I dunno if that helps with making a case to day care... 

Anyway, GL and congrats! It really is so much more fun and adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mgade001 said:
    We are slowly converting mainly due to cost. Not sure how many dipes you ordered (only 10?). I have 10 right now, and it's barely enough for one day/night. But we'll keep building our stash. One thing I like to remind people is that you aren't supposed to put poopy diapers in the trash anyway. Poop is generally very plopable by the time babies start solids. Even when using sposies, you are supposed to flush the poop then throw away the diaper! I dunno if that helps with making a case to day care... 

Anyway, GL and congrats! It really is so much more fun and adorable!
     I bought 10 to try it out. It may be difficult to convince daycare to use CD's. I also ordered some prefolds and a couple of covers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"