Preemies
Options

Intro

I guess it is time for a full intro.

My name is Sabrina.

We got our BFP about a week ago.  We are due 3/28/14.  I haven't spent much time here up to now, but hope that i can both give and get some support along this journey.  I have a now 14month old who was a 28 weeker named Noah.  He was born due to unexplained ptl.

Noah's story:
On May 23rd 2012, I was having more contractions before bed.  At the time i thought they were just BH contractions and no big deal.  In the middle of the night around 2am I woke with more cramping with them.  I called my doctor, who thought i may be dehydrated and advised me to drink a lot of water and get some rest and to call if it was the same in the morning.  I was feeling the same way in the morning and felt like the most paranoid pregnant woman on earth and was told I shouldn't need my husband to come with me to the appointment.  I was scheduled for a 8:30am appointment.  At the appointment they discovered i was 6cm dilated with my water bulging. They sent me by ambulance to the hospital.  At the hospital they thought i was only 4cm and attempted to stop delivery.  Noah was transverse, so if he was going to be delivered it would be by c section.  They tried to stop labor all day, but my contractions continued.  At 6pm the doctor no longer wanted to risk waiting with Noah being transverse and the c section was performed.  Noah gave a brief cry(the most miraculous sound after the terrifying warnings of the neonatologist).  

Noah spent 77 days in the NICU.  He was intubated for 3 days, off a day back on for 2 days.  He was on c-pap for quite a while as well as the cannula.  He was born with his heart's pda open and was given indomethicin to help close it.  We were lucky that after a few treatments it did in fact close, but it was a scary few days with discussion over potential surgery.  He had issues with apnea/brady spells.  It took a while for him to figure out eating.  It was a very long journey.  We are very lucky to not have any residual issues.  He has had some issues with hemangiomas externally and internally, which now he only has a small one on his cheek.  Noah gets early intervention to help keep him on track developmentally.  He is the center of our world.

Having been through this experience puts me in a very different place emotionally for this pregnancy.  I am VERY excited.  I am also scared of the unknown.  I have my first appointment on 8/12.  I will end up on prog shots.  This pregnancy just will not be the same worry free experience as the first time.  I am much more aware of my body though and know what to be looking for.

Thanks for listening to my novel :)

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intro

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Welcome and congratulations on your BFP!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP. Please check in when you can.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats on your BFP!
    Hoping this one stays put a little longer
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome and congrats! Glad Noah is doing so well.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    I was trying to figure out who were still active bump users on our Pregnant and TTC after a preemie list. This is why I found just found this post. Congrats on your BFP! Please join us in our weekly check ins-we would love to hear from you and provide support. I post it every Thursday. How did your appt go on the 12th?

My preemie's name is Noah too. :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"