Baby Showers
Options

Registering - STM

Hello all! 

I am going to be a STM in February and I'd like to register for a few things in order to get the completion discount coupon. However, I would rather that no one else know about my registry - I don't want a shower (I'm scared work might through me one b/c I've thrown showers for others before and sometimes people feel obligated to reciprocate, plus I already had #1 when I started there, so they've never done it for me). Is there anyway to register but not make it public? I am horrified at the thought of looking gift-grabby, since the only things I need for this one are a few bigger items, like a swing, that we didn't have room for when we had DD. I'd hate for people to just go looking for my registry, find it, and be like, WTF? Didn't this chick already have a kid?
DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

Re: Registering - STM

• Options
    I did a private registry on Amazon. I'm having my second and I feel like you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did one at BRU for the coupon. There was no option to make it private so I just put it under my middle name. No one uses (most people don't even know) my middle name so I don't think any one will find it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Make it private if you're more comfortable with it, but my guess is that anyone who is actively searching for your registry will not be offended that you made one.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Good advice all around!!
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    A few of my friends are in a similar situation as you are and I believe they found a site called Myregistry.com. They said you can make a registry completely private (with a password and everything!!) and you can add items from wherever you want and it combines into one large registry. Hope this helps!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"