Working Moms
Options

Minor vent

I work both days this weekend and while I can very much appreciate the fact that my fiancé will keep LO alive he does NOTHING else. I get that he works all week and needs a break, and by all means he should relax and enjoy time will LO. But he didn't even take him outside yesterday. It was gorgeous out, low 80s and sunny...they sat inside all damn day! The house was destroyed and he was just waiting for me to make him dinner. It's just unbelievable that someone so capable of many things cannot make meatballs or play in the yard with a toddler. Is there any nice, non nagging way to say "hey would you mind just doing a load of dishes today Or take the trash out?" I don't mind cooking when I get home but its really infuriating when I can't even move around the kitchen :(. I get that his mom always had dinner on the table and cleaned everything but she also didnt work at all (NOT a jab at sahm's!) I could use the help when I am working all weekend and I just don't think that he gets it. He expects me to be the housewife and work as well? Ummm no!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Minor vent

• Options
    shannmshannm member
    I think it is nice and not nagging to say "hey, do you mind washing up the dishes today?" Just watch your tone. That is often my issue.
  • Options
    I ask my DH to do 3 things "when he has the time". Usually at least 2 get done. I also know what he hates doing and generally don't ask for those things.
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Normally I don't care what they do...it's just annoying when he sits inside with him all day and then complains to me about how boring the weekends are lol. The house was a mess as usual when I got home, and I did ask nicely this morning for him to do a load of dishes. I took LO for ice cream this evening and the house was clean when I returned :) I said something when I got home... I really don't expect him to scrub the house but I need some help!
  • Options

DH's are funny. Mine never seems to notice the dirty dishes in the sink, the crumbs on the floor, the ground beef left on the counter to thaw right next to the taco meat seasoning hoping that he'll get the hint to start dinner...

Easy solution...we go a 12" by 8" magnetic white board with some magnetic dry erase markers. We divided the board in half. The top half is the shopping list, the bottom half is the "To-Do" list. Since my DH is a part-time SAHD but I'm a full-time working mom, he will usually write what's missing in the house on the shopping list (because he definitely notices when there's no lunch meat for him!) and I will write the things that need to be done for chores on the to do list. Works like a charm!

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• Options
    DH is home with LO during the weekdays and then works weekends (and some evenings), so we're sort of reverse. I certainly manage cleaning/cooking/etc on those weekends alone with LO, although I also know first-hand that there are limits.

The one area where I do comment on how DH spends his days with LO is on getting out of the house. I feel strongly the fresh air is important. And he just doesn't think about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"