C-sections

Liking this board the second time around

When I was pregnant a few years ago with my first, I used to come to this board off and on and it used to be so depressing. People talked about c-sections like it was seriously the worst thing that would ever/ had ever happened to them in their ives.  Anyone who had something positive to say about their c-section was treated almost like they were liars or insane.  It seems like people are much more reasonable now and I'm glad to see it.  There's absolutely no reason to make someone feel bad about how they brought a beautiful life into this world - the point is that a child was born!  I had a c-section after 26 hours of labor and my recovery was swift and easy - I was walking the same day.  I'll never forget reading about a mother who warned others of the medicine making her shake and that the best advice she had was to just go with the shaking to avoid neck and shoulder pain.  I had really bad shakes and followed her advice and it worked - no neck pain or shoulder pain the next day.  I'm having my second c-section in November and I'll be happy to skip the labor part this time.  Can't wait to meet my second son! 

Re: Liking this board the second time around

• I agree! But maybe that's cause the second time around I knew how to filter out things that probably weren't going to apply to me. My first cs was planned because ds was breech. My second one was after an induction when my water broke with meconium in it. 20 hours later I wound up with an emergency cs anyway. I was actually relieved when they called for it. I too was up walking the same day (I wondered if this was due to have an epi vs a spinal). My home recovery has been great too. If we try for a third child, I am reassured knowing what to expect from my birth experience.

• nice to hear.

I am a FTM with a scheduled c/s due to a breech baby. I have been nervous but trying to reassure myself that it is meant to be since my baby won't turn. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • It's funny that all you heard was gloom and doom. I thought they were supposed to be pretty easy. When I went in for my c sec, I thought it was going to be easy and recovery would be just a little longer than vag. I was shocked when I had complications (pp hemorage) and so much pain (from c sec and tubes tied). Even over a month later.
    I feel jealous of your experiences! I know the c sec was unavoidable, I had twin girls and baby b was transverse and baby a ended up coming out with the cord around her neck. I'm so happy I did the c sec, I could have had very serious issues with the babies. But sad it's takin so long to feel better. I feel like its made me become a c sec hater- and I don't want to be!
    Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear other perspectives and remind people that all deliveries are unique to each person.
  • jennOKjennOK member
    I'm glad to hear some positive experiences, but I'm with PP. I had complications, and I'm a hater too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"