May 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD DH wants to make a gate

So in our camper we have a bed that is in the corner so it has about a 2 foot corner gap.  Right now DD sleeps in a PNP where the table goes and DH doesn't want to do that anymore b/c what if we want to sit at the table.  His idea is to weld some metal rounded smooth bars together to make a gate to go across the bed opening so she can sleep or play in that area and we don't have to worry about her getting out.  He will screw a plate on each side of the opening and make it so you can put a pin through each side so you can slide it out to open and close it or swing it to one side.  I am against it b/c we won't need to keep her contained forever and we just bought the camper so I don't want to screw anything into it yet.  And it makes me nervous for safety reasons.  He said he would paint it and sand it down so it would look like a smooth rought iron gate when we were done.  WWYD?  I thought maybe next year we could buy the mesh toddler rail and put it there so she doesn't roll out of bed.  If we have another baby we would be using a PNP next year anyways.  I am kinda torn b/c it would be nice to have a sectioned of area for her to sleep and play in that she is safe in.   
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D

Re: WWYD DH wants to make a gate

• Options
    I'd do it!! But I write this while laying in bed in our pop up with my 2.5 year old because Lucas is in a pnp where the table goes and there's no way to keep Nathan in a bed alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    k4slr6k4slr6 member
    Oh funny!  Maybe if we are lucky enough to have #2 we will make one. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fryratfryrat member
    I would definitely make it. I know it's brand new and all, but it's just a couple of screw holes, and you could always make the barrier and just set it there without mounting, to see how it looks. If you are happy with it then, you can mount it.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"