Baby Showers

Invitees

I'm trying to figure out who should be invited and I'm stuck on one particular person.  I've been in a book club for about 2 years now and a lot of the people were my friends before club started, so I planned on inviting everyone.  Well we have a newer member, someone who has been coming for the past 3-4 months.  I don't know her outside of bookclub and I can't figure out if I should invite her or not.

I don't want her to feel like she has to come to a random shower but I also don't want her to feel left out.

Any suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Invitees

• Well, only you can make this decision, but it doesn't sound like you're very close. I wouldn't feel like I needed to invite her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If every other person in the book club is invited, I would say that you should invite her. Otherwise if everyone talks about it while you're all together, she'll feel left out. If she doesn't feel comfortable going, she will decline. The fact that she's already the "new member" of the group might make her feel more out of place and awkward if everyone else is invited and she's not. 4 months isn't that new, it's not like you met her last week.

But, only you can make that decision.

• Loading the player...
  • If everyone else is invited, I would invite her too.  Especially since she's the newbie, I wouldn't want her to feel even more left out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"