April 2013 Moms
Options

Where have you been & where do yo want to go?

This is a GTKY thread. So where have you been? Whether it is cities, states, or countries. Also, where would you want to go in your lifetime?

Places I have been: All around California. I have been to some parts of West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Massachusetts. I have traveled through the Yukon and been to Fairbanks, AK for about a week.

Places I want to go: Ireland, Scotland, Switzerland, and Japan.

Additional info... I would love to live in Alaska. My dream as a child was to run the Iditarod.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where have you been & where do yo want to go?

• Options
    I'm from Ohio, have moved all around Cali, have been to parts of Arkansas, Illinois, Texas, Seattle (my fav), Vegas, Bahamas, Cabo, Cancun, & Florida to Disney World. I would love to go to England, Italy, Ireland, Turks & Cacos, Haiwaii & Sweden (I have family there).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    First off what is GTKY? Been going nuts trying to figure it out! Where I've been: Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Maine, Hilton head, Clearwater FL, Daytona beach FL, Gatlinburg TN, most of KY and OH, I love in northern KY five minutes from Cincinnati. Where I'd like to go: California, Grand Canyon, Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, African safari, New York City
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been to NY, Boston, NC, SC, VA, PA, MD, DC, AK, and Vegas as far as the states. Been to the Bahamas and went to Fiji for our honeymoon.

I love travelling and want to go to Australia, somewhere in South America, Ireland, Alaska, Jamacia, backpacking across Europe- Paris, Italy, trip to Asia, and of course Africa... basically I want to see the world. Oh and I would like to go to Florida and California and North West US.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    none5none5 member
    I have been a lot of places. I am very lucky that my family loves to travel and I studied abroad. To see: north western U.S., New Zealand, South America, Eastern Europe, and a good all-inclusive in the Caribbean (see nbr: vacations below)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been all over the US, have lived in 17 sates as a kid and most of my life living in Texas ( step dad got transferred around for years supervising a job that his company was building everywhere, we would literally live places like 3 months then move, loved it as a kid! ) - have taken 2 -two week road trips around the us when I turned 18 and have been fortunate enough to backpack threw Italy & Greece - have also visited London and Amsterdam and multiple times to puerto vallarta, Cozumel and cancan - I LOVE to travel, my dream job would be Samantha brown on the travel channel! Really want to go to Prague, Spain, Austria, Alaska, Australia and of course ultimate being figi/Tahiti !!! My absolute favorite was Italy, such a wonderful place and it's true, wine was cheaper than water :)
  • Options
    First off what is GTKY? Been going nuts trying to figure it out! Where I've been: Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Maine, Hilton head, Clearwater FL, Daytona beach FL, Gatlinburg TN, most of KY and OH, I love in northern KY five minutes from Cincinnati. Where I'd like to go: California, Grand Canyon, Alaska, Hawaii, Australia, African safari, New York City

It means getting to know you

• Options
    evertzevertz member
    I currently live in Kansas but I've been all over the US for work or vacations. Abroad, I've been to Mexico and Guatemala. I'd love to go to Ecuador/Galapagos Islands, New Zealand, Turkey, Greece, and maybe Thailand. Within the US, I'd love to go to Hawaii and/or Alaska at some point as well.
  • Options
    love4blove4b member
    My family loves traveling, so we did a lot of it growing up, and I've continued as an adult. I've driven across, around, criss-crossed the states six times. At this point I've been to every one! I've been to Alaska four times (southern coast on a cruise, Kodiak Island, and drove from Anchorage to Fairbanks to the Arctic Ocean on the Dalton Hwy twice - amazing!). Growing up in LA, we vacationed in Hawaii, so I've been to all the islands (except Molokai) countless times. Outside the US, I've been to Canada (all over), Mexico (Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, Baja Penninsula), Costa Rica (all over), St. Thomas (USVI), St. John (USVI), Barbados, Canouan Island, Jamaica. I've been all over Europe: England, Ireland, France (Paris and the south of France), Italy, Germany, Austria, The Netherlands (Amsterdam), Croatia (Zagreb). In Asia, I've been to China (Beijing and took a two day train to Ulanbaatar), Mongolia (all over), Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Izu Peninsula, Takayama). I've also been to New Zealand, and Fiji. There's really nowhere I don't want to go! Never been to South America and would love to go to Buenos Aires, Patagonia, Peru and Brazil. Also would love to spend more time in Asia and see Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. I'd really love to take the trans-Siberian railroad from Moscow to Vladivostok. There's also a boat that goes from Denmark to Iceland that I'm dying to go on. It stops in the Faroe Islands along the way which I think would be really interesting. Morocco is high on the to do list, as is South Africa. Can't wait!

• Options
    Where's the love for Canada? lol ;)

I have moved countless times, and my dad was a huge fan of road trips. The places we've been:

Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario (where we live now).

USA: Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, California, Nevada, Montana, New York

Places I want to go: East Coast (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, etc.), Alaska, Great Britain. DH and I have also never been on any sort of tropical vacation and would love to go somewhere like Hawaii one day.
  • Options
    I've been to every state along the east coast and all major east coast cities, plus Chicago, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Los Angeles. As for the US, I'd love to go to New Orleans, Denver, and drive along the West Coast. I've also been to Maui and would love to go to the other Hawaiin islands. I've been to Montreal and Cozumel, Mexico, as well as Panama City, Panama. I'd love to see more of Mexico, especially the Indian ruins, and to Peru to visit Machu Picchu. Been to Nassau and want to see more of the Caribbean. I'd like to visit Cuba because my mom is from there, even though she's sworn she will never go back. I've been all over Europe, including all over Norway (my Dad's family is from Norway), Amsterdam, Paris, London, Madrid, all over Portugal, Lausanne and Berne in Switzerland, Vienna, Berlin, all over Italy, Prague, Bratislava. I'd love to see more of Spain other than Madrid, Ireland and Greece. One of my dream trips is a cruise of the Mediterranean. We also want to do a family trip when LO is old enough to go to Norway and Ireland (where DH's husband is from).
  • Options
    wow...people have been all over the place! 
    I feel so small now, lol.  Grew up on Long Island, went to school at UNC-Wilmington, moved to PA a couple of years ago.  I've been NY state, CT, NJ, VA, FL (Disney World...I'd be find to never go again).  That's kind of it. 

We did go on our honeymoon to the Dominican Republic (Atlantic side)...that was amazing. 

I'd love to visit places outside the US.  Ireland's a big one, I'd go to Dominican Republic again, Puerto Rico.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Have been to most of the US including Hawaii but never to Alaska -- that's on my list of places I'm dying to go.

Out of the US: Canada, Mexico, Cayman Islands, UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Lichtenstein, Italy, Austria, Netherlands...

Want to go: Alaska, Spain, Ireland, Bali, and I'm kind of curious about Japan, but not sure it makes the bucket list.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"