Toddlers: 24 Months+

LO will not go to sleep wants to rock

I haven't posted on this board in awhile, but check it out from time to time.

My 2 year old is all of a sudden not wanting to go to sleep at night. She will cling to me and ask to rock one more time every time I try and put her in her crib. Once I finally get her in the crib she will quickly stand up and cry asking to rock again. We have been very careful to not rock her to sleep and usually just say her prayers and good night while rocking and then I lay her in her crib. Tonight I put a night light in her room and we talked about the dark being gone, but she is still in there crying so I guess it didn't work. I'm debating taking the rocking chair out of her bedroom, but am not sure if it will make things worse... 

Any suggestions on what we should try to get her to sleep and not constantly think she needs to be rocked?

Re: LO will not go to sleep wants to rock

• tracy41tracy41 member
    edited July 2013
    Have you considered rocking is just a delay tactic she knows will work? DS1 started pulling this with hugs at nap and bed time. "Momma, need a hug!" And of course I'm thinking "oh, my baby wants a hug! How sweet!" and giving him a hug and cuddling him. And then I realized that I was being conned by a 2 year old. He cried tragically, but briefly, the first couple nights. Then he switched to "Momma, I need water," or "Momma, one more Twinkle, Twinkle." Stick to your bedtime routine, she'll survive.

Edit for spelling
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"